• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New GMAIL App

lakersfreak

Jul 13, 2011
I love the GMAIL app, especially after allowing other email (hotmail, yahoo, etc..) to be used with the app. I added my hotmail email address in the app, but it doesn't download my previous emails nor do the new ones show up either...

Anyone have this issue? I like gmail better than the stock email app.

How do you have your other email accounts setup? As IMAP or POP3? The should be IMAP if you want them on all devices.

Ya for example Im setting up my Live.com email account. Gmail already forces me to choose IMAP or POP3 during set up. Once set up, the sync "circle" spins then nothing happens. No email will show up even though all settings are selected for email syncing.

Upvote 0
One thing I wish the app could do, actually I wish this for a LOT of apps, is for the "list" view to be compacted so you can view more items per screen. I have a 4.5" screen (LG Tribute, owned for exactly 2 weeks today), and while that's not going to make an LG G3 or Samsung Note tremble, I sure as heck ought to be able to see more than 5 items per screen. I'd like for it to be able to show, say, 15 items per page. (Don't laugh, a certain site I visit, when I view it on Opera Mini, it shows--I counted--about 15 items on the screen, and I can easily read them too.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones