• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Google Maps 3.4.0 In market

i can't say for sure about night mode in the market update, but i did the manual install from a few days ago. night mode is automatic. does it only work in navigation? i was using nav in my car last night...at 5:58pm, it automatically switched to night mode.

try opening nav and manually changing your clock to 9pm or so...

Upvote 0
i will try my wifes eris in a few hours when she gets home if no one else responds.. im hoping so.

are you on 1.5 and not seeing it? I wouldnt be shocked if its 1.6 and later but i dunno

Correct, I am on 1.5 and cannot see it in the market. The official Google post on one of their blogs said it would be available for the Nexus One via OTA update and the rest of Android phones in the market. When they say "the rest of Android phones", I'm hoping that means 1.5 at some point.

Upvote 0
Has anyone who has Android 1.5 been able to download it?
Stock Android 1.5 on a Galaxy in Denmark (where there are no paid apps in the Market):
- Google Maps is not reported as "update available". Searching the Market (via the QR code in its AndroLib record) reports "no matches for pname:com.google.android.apps.maps". :(
- Google Sky Map v1.3 did install and run just fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones