• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new google maps update problem

Rockinfigs

Android Enthusiast
Jul 21, 2010
I have the updated new google maps on my s4..everything works fine but the new icon which is a circle and n arrow shows the wrong direction..The arrow portion faces a different direction then im traveling. When im traveling in a car and move my phone to the left or right the arrow obvioulsy moves but when pointing phone in the direction im going the arrow points a diff way..anyone else have this problem?

I have the updated new google maps on my s4..everything works fine but the new icon which is a circle and n arrow shows the wrong direction..The arrow portion faces a different direction then im traveling. When im traveling in a car and move my phone to the left or right the arrow obvioulsy moves but when pointing phone in the direction im going the arrow points a diff way..anyone else have this problem?

Quite few people, across different forums, have reported that problem. You will be better off, if you bring that up to google's attention, htrough their Map's support page:

https://support.google.com/gmm/answer/3143996?hl=en&ref_topic=3131562

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones