1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New Google Market Problem - not recognizing my dl apps!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Drez143, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Drez143

Drez143 Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    My android market was updated a few days ago to the new version on my unrooted Droid X. Since it updated, my apps under the "my apps" section went from ~20 down to 4. All my free apps no longer show up, leaving only google maps and a couple of my bought apps.

How can I get all my apps to show up in the new market under the "My Apps" tab?

Advertisement

2. Drez143

Drez143 Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    How do apps in this new market update? I find it hard to believe none of my apps have needed to be updated since I got the new market.

3. dylo22

dylo22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    That doesn't sound right. I have all my apps listed with the new market. Anyway you can reinstall?

4. sprocket28

sprocket28 Member
    None

Jan 8, 2011
    with titanium backup you can re-link your installed apps to the market. your phone has to be rooted to use the majority of the functions of titanium backup so hopefully this is one of the functions you dont need root for.

5. Mitchturbo

Mitchturbo Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    Male
    Night Porter
    Lincolnshire UK
    Press the menu button on your device while in the market, select my apps and if they have an update available, it will list the app with an "update highlighted" next to it.

6. TheGraham

TheGraham Member
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    press menu then go to my apps. It'll display available updates

7. xkalibur84

xkalibur84 Lurker
    None

Nov 5, 2010
    Pressing the "Menu" button and then the "My Apps" button is where I and I would assume, Drez143, went to see the list of our installed apps. The problem we're having is that we don't see ALL of our apps so if the unlisted apps aren't listed there, how can we tell if there is an update for it?

For example: the app I use for weather isn't listed under "Installed" but it had an update. How do I know this? Because I did a manual search for it on the market and when I went to that app's information page, it showed it as having an update.

Anyway, I uninstalled the new Market update and now I'm on the previous version prior to the new one that is currently rolling out. At least with this version, when I go to "My apps", I can see all my apps that I have installed on my phone.

alostpacket likes this.
  8. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    The leaked version of the new market has a few bugs and wasn't really ready for prime time.

I think xkalibur84 has the right idea if you are seeing problems with it. Try rolling back or reinstalling.

To roll back the Market:

9. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    Try going to setting, manage application, market and then clear data. When you open it again it should re sync the apps on the phone.

10. Drez143

Drez143 Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    I uninstalled the market update as suggested. I was forced-installed the new market, and I find it to be completly terrible. It is now so ad-riddled and hard to actually find apps that I am interested in.

After going back to the old market, I had to give my phone about 5 minutes on the "my app" section to load back all of my apps. 11 of my apps had updates that the "new" market did not show me.

11. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Yeah odd. Seemed to work for me.

12. Drez143

Drez143 Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    Okay, I don't understand why my troubleshooting thread was merged into a generic "Do you like the Market thread" because now I am sitting here with still no solutions.

When I was leaked the new market a few or two ago, my list of apps under "My Apps" went from ~20 down to 4. I uninstalled the update and went back to the old market, which brought back the ability to view and update all of my installed apps. My phone auto-reupdated back to the new market once it was officially released and the market worked like it should and showed me all of my apps. After I left the market and went back to it the following day, my app count is back down to 6.

Is there anyone else having the problem of missing apps under the "My App" section in the market? Is the only solution to uninstall the update and deleting the updating file?

13. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Android Expert
    None

Jun 21, 2010
    You can reinstall the old Market, I've uploaded it HERE, just download it and install it like a regular app. If you're rooted you can prevent the Market from updating itself by going into system/app and renaming marketupdater.apk to marketupdater.bak.

14. Drez143

Drez143 Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2011

My phone is not rooted, so is there a means to still prevent the market from auto-updating? Or should I use this as a final push to root my phone?

Thanks!

15. Drez143

Drez143 Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    Am I the only person who is experiencing this problem? Even if I revert back to the market before this update, the majority of my apps no longer show up as installed in the market. This prevents me from being able to update any app that no longer shows up in the market.

I even uninstalled one of the apps and reinstalled it, yet it does not show up in "My Apps" in the market.

16. xkalibur84

xkalibur84 Lurker
    None

Nov 5, 2010
    You're not the only one, man. I was in your original thread before it got merged. A few days ago, my Market downgraded itself automatically and I thought that was the end of it but the next day, it updated back to the newest(Black) one and I'm still having the same problem. I haven't gotten a chance yet to install the leaked version

For now, if I wanted to see if my unlisted apps need an update, I just uninstall the Market updates to get back to the old one and then check that way =/

17. Drez143

Drez143 Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    Sadly, this fix no longer works for me. If I clear the Market's data, cache, and uninstall the updates, "my app" section still only shows the 4 apps it's been showing.

Uninstalling the update worked at first for a couple of attempts. Then that stopped being a quick fix.

Clearing the cache worked for a couple more attempts, but that suffered the same end.

Then I found that clearing all the market data was a fix that worked for about 5 times but again that no longer offers a solution.

I haven't been able to check my apps for any updates for about a week and a half now.