• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Google Search and BT Dialing Problem

JimSmith94

Android Enthusiast
May 5, 2010
Irving, TX USA
Prior to the latest update to Google Search 3.5.16.1262550 a couple weeks ago, I used to be able to do a long press on my BT headset to bring up Google Now, which let me say, "Call Joe Blow home" and it would make the call to his home number. Now it brings up Google Dial which tells me to say "Call someone" but pops up with a numbered list of the cell, home, and work numbers on the screen that I either have to touch to choose the one I want, or say, "Select Two" to dial his home number. This requires that I either touch or look at the screen to make a call, which totally defeats the purpose of "hands-free" calling.

I have switched back to S-Voice for now, which I hate because she talks too much before I can actually make a call, but at least I don't have to dig my phone out to push or see which phone I want to call. I hope someone can help us get back to BT dialing the way it used to be, preferably by forcing Google Search to use Google Now when I do a long press on my BT headset.

This is on a Sprint Galaxy Note 3 running KitKat, but I imagine this is affecting all phones.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones