1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New GS2 User Queries

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by monkeyboy1875, Jun 7, 2011.

1. monkeyboy1875

monkeyboy1875 Lurker
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Male
    Instrument Engineer
    Scotland
    Hi

I've recently changed from an HTC Desire to a GS2 and I have a few queries. I've tried searching online for a solution to them, but so far have been unable to get a definitive answer.

My queries are as follows:
    1. On my Desire, I just dragged and dropped music files from my itunes folder and they worked perfectly with the built in music app. With the GS2 when I've tried to do this I am unable to get any artist information. I downloaded the playerpro app and this hasn't made a difference. Is there anything I can do to rectify this ie an app that can read this missing tag information, or do I just have to put up with it? I don't want to convert all my files to mp3 format.

2. I read on a forum that the GS2 is a 4g device, and the sim needs to be set up for this. I am still using the sim I had for my Desire as my contract has another year left on it (Vodafone), and I just bought the GS2 and stuck my sim in it. I've not experienced any problems yet, but do I need to get Vodafone to upgrade my sim in order to get the full benefits of the GS2?

Any help in answering these queries would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. martynstar

martynstar Newbie
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Well i dont know much about the itunes question
    But 4G hasnt rolled out in england yet, we are still on 3g plus, so all these 4g devices arent using the full benefit yet! USA has 4g but coverage is so poor ive yet to see anyone on a 4g signal!

monkeyboy1875 likes this.
  3. Foxy1

Foxy1 Newbie
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    Re point 1 I've also had this problem with itunes files. I've started using Power AMP music player and whilst it shows tags correctly when playing songs it doesn't show artist on play lists

4. monkeyboy1875

monkeyboy1875 Lurker
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Male
    Instrument Engineer
    Scotland
    Thanks for the replies.

I think I'm going to have to accept that my music will have unknown artist next to it. It's slightly annoying as the Desire didn't have this problem and it is an older Android phone. Hopefully a software update can fix this in the future.