1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New GS3 and a few questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by byrds8, Aug 18, 2012.

1. byrds8

byrds8 Well-Known Member

Is there any way to back up an apps data without rooting or unlocking? I got the GS3 to replace my Gnex but would like to save the saved games off of the Gnex so I dont have to start over. Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

No way to dave progress without root

3. byrds8

byrds8 Well-Known Member

Sucks that I can not back up the app without being rooted. If memory serves to root the Nexus you have to have it unlocked which means wiping the phone and loosing the game anyway.

4. byrds8

byrds8 Well-Known Member

Also just out of curiosity is there a reason why it seems only half the apps in the app drawer are in alphabetical order?

5. Rachel A

Rachel A Android Expert

Think that's because it's listing in install order. I had something similar. Change the sort order to be alphabetical and you should be good to go.

byrds8 likes this.
  6. byrds8

byrds8 Well-Known Member

Ahaha I didnt see that when I was trying to figure out what was going on there. Now if only I could magically pull a couple of games data so I didnt loose it all would be right with the world. I hate to have to start over in Slotomania

7. byrds8

byrds8 Well-Known Member

Noticed something else weird too. Why is it that when it rings it starts off low then goes full blast? I don't see an ascending ringtone setting anywhere and its annoying.

8. Rolo42

Rolo42 Android Enthusiast

That isn't the case with the SIII; you can root and leave everything intact.

9. byrds8

byrds8 Well-Known Member

The problem then is the Gnex I want to get the app data off of. Its not rooted nor unlocked. Was hoping there was a way but apparently there isnt.

10. Rachel A

Rachel A Android Expert

I'm in the exact same situation with my Xoom. It's bloody easy to unlock but that involves wiping it first. I really wish I'd rooted that sucker when I brought it...

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews