• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New GT-N8010 owner with questions.

Hi folks,

I recently bought a GT-N8010, which I am just getting the hang of andclearning to use.. I must say that it appears to be an awesome bit of kit from what I have seen so far. However, I do have a couple of questions I am hoping someone could answer.

1) Can you set up the device to automatically search for software updates, or do you have to keep on searching manually? If the answer is yes, how is it done?
2) Can I copy the apps I have downloaded from "play store" on to my new Galaxy S3 mobile? Again, if this is possible I would appreciate if someone could tell me how.

Thanks in advance

For the first question I do not know if you can automatically set it. But for the second question you can either go to the play store and download the apps on your s3 or you can go into root/data/app and copy the apk's from there that you want on your s3 and save them to your computer and connect your s3 and copy the apks to the phone and install them. It is up to you how you want to do it.

Upvote 0
For the first question I do not know if you can automatically set it. But for the second question you can either go to the play store and download the apps on your s3 or you can go into root/data/app and copy the apk's from there that you want on your s3 and save them to your computer and connect your s3 and copy the apks to the phone and install them. It is up to you how you want to do it.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me so promptly. I managed to get my apps installed the S3, I just wasn't looking in the right place for them. Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones