1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support new guy, couple quick questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by uchi, Feb 19, 2011.

1. uchi

uchi Well-Known Member

hey guys, just picked up my galaxy s the other night, i was having nothing but issues with my x10, went through 5 of them and finally upgraded to this guy. so far i have no complaints, its smooth it runs great when i hit a button it actually does what its supposed to do not like the x10 which decided when it wanted to work. i tried to do an update the other day, i plugged the phone into my computer via usb cable and it gave me an option for an update, so i took it and after 5 or so minutes it just hung on that screen and said hi home to cancel, nothing about a found update or anything. i know the x10 had the seus program which would update the phone for you and also when i clicked setting about phone it gave me an software update button on there, this one doesnt. when i check the software version it says im on 2.1 update 1, i believe thats right. and im seeing people on here running 2.2 already. im on the rogers network and wondering if there is a 2.2 update available and also how id go about doing it. still reading through here so i may find my answer before someone replies. so far the phone is great no complaints at all.

Advertisement

2. uchi

uchi Well-Known Member

figured it out