• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New guy, need a little help with Samsung Epic please.

Badmunky

Oct 10, 2010
Ok so this is not my first smart phone. But it is my first android based smart phone. I'm a former windows smart phone user. HTC Tilt to be exact.

Now I love my new phone! But I am having a few problems with it. I was wondering if you guys would help me out with some info please.

Here is what I need help with.

1: I cant seam to get my voice mail to go threw a head set. (Wired or bluetooth.) Not cool when driving.

2: I cant get my headphones to change the song, stop, or any thing.

3: I cant get the voice dial, or and voice input to work if I have a head set hooked up. (Wired or bluetooth

4: AccuWeather.com Clock thing came on my phone. Cool and it works great for the weather but shows 1 hour slow all the time?

5: I want to uninstall a few things that came on the phone and it dose not give me the option to. Like "Sprint football" and "NASCAR" And "Qik". All things I don't use and never will. There just taking up storage space I would like back.

6: I want to move things to the SD card and some things from the SD card to the phone. Can not find any option to do this.

Things I installed on the phone so far.

Advanced Task killer
Bubble level
Bonsai Blast
Angry Birds <--Love that one!
Asphalt 5
Blow up lite
AutoZone
ebay
Aquarium Free
Battery Widget <---Works but shows 25% and the phone shows 50%???
Tank Recon 3D lite
Robo Defense FREE
Flashlight
GasBuddy
Jewels
Matrix Live Wallpaper
Pinball
Speed test.net
TuneIn Radio
WiFi Analyzer <--Works great!
Ultimate Stopwatch
Yellow Pages
Spanish Translator

Thanks!:D:D:D

Ok so this is not my first smart phone. But it is my first android based smart phone. I'm a former windows smart phone user. HTC Tilt to be exact.

Now I love my new phone! But I am having a few problems with it. I was wondering if you guys would help me out with some info please.

Here is what I need help with.

1: I cant seam to get my voice mail to go threw a head set. (Wired or bluetooth.) Not cool when driving.
2: I cant get my headphones to change the song, stop, or any thing.

i'm not sure if the phone will support song skipping on external controls

4: AccuWeather.com Clock thing came on my phone. Cool and it works great for the weather but shows 1 hour slow all the time?

you should be able to go settings>accounts and sync>weather> and then click on "account settings" - you can change the frequency in there!

5: I want to uninstall a few things that came on the phone and it dose not give me the option to. Like "Sprint football" and "NASCAR" And "Qik". All things I don't use and never will. There just taking up storage space I would like back.

the only way to do this is to root your phone, kind of similar to jailbreaking and iphone. You should only do this if you are somewhat savvy with computers and your phone. There's a space on here devoted to helping you do this:
http://androidforums.com/epic-4g-all-things-root/

6: I want to move things to the SD card and some things from the SD card to the phone. Can not find any option to do this.

download "astro file manager" in the market. The free version will work fine for this.

Glad to hear you're liking the phone!

You'll find people on here to be very friendly and helpful, especially the guides/mods. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones