1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support New guy needs help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bobbob1, Dec 8, 2010.

1. bobbob1

bobbob1 New Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Hi guys and gals,

I'm Bob and i'm new to smart phones - can you please help me with some simple questions? 2 problems.

1) Does this phone have microsoft word on it? Can I just start typing anything (like you would do on Word) and then save it on my phone's hard drive? Then able to attach to emails etc.

2) I tried to hook up my phone to my laptop (non-internet connected laptop) to use as a mobile modem/pc (???) but it wouldn't let me. It flashed up on screen that I should insert a cd that should have with the phone (but I do not have). Apparently this cd lets me download something so that I can use the features of this cool phone on my laptop.

I'm sorry if I am not explaining myself properly but I am not very tech-savvy. Please help. :thinking:

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Rob

Advertisement

2. bobbob1

bobbob1 New Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Hi again,

very sorry not to have mentioned it earlier but but my phone is the Samsung Galaxy S.

Please help

Regards

Rob

3. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Monkey
    In a Dumpster!
    Hey there Rob dude!

Welcome to the forums buddy!

You might want to try GDOCS to solve your document problems but if you need word it is available:

GDocs free download for Android

Here is the word editor. (30 dollars i think)

Documents To Go for Android Smartphones: Word and Excel on your Android Smartphone

Hmm about the wireless connecting... i am bit clueless on that, so i will be back to see what i can find dude! :)

Don't be in despair buddy!

It will be alright dude!

Regards

Stinky ;)