1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New guy on the block with an auxiliary jack question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wotwop, Jun 10, 2011.

1. wotwop

wotwop Lurker
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Hey All,

So I just switched from my trusty but outdated and unfortunately now broken moto droid 1 and I have to say so far apart from my first thunderbolt that I got 2 weeks ago and replaced for the thunderbolt I have now (the first one wasn't receiving 4g or 3g signals) that I am very impressed with the TB.

So my issue is I have a car dock from verizon that I use and I have an auxiliary jack running from my phone to my head unit so I would take calls like that and it worked just fine on my moto droid, but for some reason it only plays sound through the TB and it's like the mic is shut off so nobody can hear me. I've put my face right in front of the mic when the car is parked and pretty much yelled into it and my friend couldn't hear me.

Does anyone here know any tips or tricks to make this work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    This is an easy fix. Go to settings, call, then change the TTY setting from off to TTY VCO. It will add a little icon in your notification bar but your mic will work with a 3.5 mm jack plugged in. I too loved that feature of moto phones and don't understand why HTC decided to not allow it.