1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New guy really boogered it up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LittleRedDot, Dec 28, 2011.

1. LittleRedDot

LittleRedDot Android Enthusiast

So I rooted successfully and removed bloatware successfully and was feeling pretty confident. I found a ROM that I really wanted to flash so I followed the directions the directions to a T. I installed the rom and superwire on my card, did a nandroid, wiped the 3 things on the list, ran the super wipe, then flashed the mod... Everything seemed to to work out ok, even the build is listed at the bottom mof the bootloader. But when I hit rebook system now it takes me into revolutionary, which gives me the same options and send me back to android system recovery. So I'm thinking that whilst I rooted using one preferred method, I actually did again with another method whilst flashing this mod.

I've tried every combination of button but nothing will start the phone...Please help me,

Everytime I try to restore the nandrois it say's"couldn't open the directory/SDCard/nandrois/e:couldnt open directory"

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. parkerskouson

parkerskouson Android Enthusiast

can you get into the bootloader at all?? cause if you cann we can more than likely fix it

Granite1 likes this.
  3. LittleRedDot

Im a little new, what the boot loader loooki like?

tried to post pics but the were too large

4. parkerskouson

like the pic, not exactly but pretty close

Attached Files:

ocnbrze and Granite1 like this.
  5. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

pull the battery leave it out for about a minute reinsert and then power up and see what happens.

ocnbrze and Granite1 like this.
  6. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Edit: Do what argedion saisd first, if that doesn't work, try out what I have below. :)
    Ok, what you have probably is a phone without a rom. It will only boot to the bootloader because there isn't anything in the boot.img partition.

What rom did you try to flash?
    Can you restore your nandroid, did you make one?

First, go back to where you downloaded the rom, and redownload it. Go under your recovery and select mounts and storage, select mount sd.Delete the old rom file and transfer the new file to your sd card. Unmount your sd card, then wipe everything again. Flash the rom file again and see if it will boot.
    If not, try out another rom.

Remember if you can get into the bootloader or recovery, you have a 99.9% chance of recovering your phone. ;)

ocnbrze, dustwun77 and parkerskouson like this.
  7. LittleRedDot

OK, battery out for 9 minutes and its powered up......... I'm in revolutionary root menu, now what?

I did make a nandroid, and I can see the nandroid, but it wont let me recover with it

I cant find the rom I orignally dl, cant I just slash onther pne?

Ok I have the original rom, but withough access to my sd card how to I redownload it?

8. parkerskouson

dowload cm7. at cyanogenmod.com. just flash it the same as ur other rom and tell us what happens

9. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

well the nandroid itself is probably corrupt thats why the cant open error you should be able to reflash the rom with out any trouble though.

parkerskouson likes this.
  10. LittleRedDot

I can download roms onto my sd crad from in recovery? I thought the phone had to be on to do that? how to I get cm7 onto the card?

11. parkerskouson

download the rom on ur comp. once its done plug in ur phone to the computer. look around the options in ur recovery to mount the usb. then just transfer the file from ur computer to the phone and then flash away

ocnbrze, dustwun77 and LittleRedDot like this.
  12. LittleRedDot

Ok That worked like a charm! now I got the mod I wanted anyway installing on my phone. I never knew you caould have so much access, coming from a blackberry. You really saved my ass parker!

ocnbrze, dustwun77 and parkerskouson like this.
  13. parkerskouson

no problem buddy! now, when u set up you google acount and everything, make a nandroid and put it on ur computer. save it and keep it, so you know you always have a backup lifeline!!!

ocnbrze and dustwun77 like this.
  14. LittleRedDot

Speaking of setting up, I don't see an option to set anything up, no market app, nothing. Can I go back into recovery and reload my titanium app things?

15. parkerskouson

wow i totally forgot!!! u need gapps here is the link

goo-inside.me - gapps downloads

just flash these in recovery and then it will allow u to sign in

Granite1, ocnbrze and dustwun77 like this.
  16. LittleRedDot

That recovery failed, installation aborted. The download page had 2 dozen gapps installations and I tried to decifer which one was correct. No dice. I also can't run my titanium backup or my nandroid?

17. LittleRedDot

Could it be that the action is to chooose a zip tp open and all my backups aren't sip files?

18. parkerskouson

that happens to me all of the time, try to wipe cache and dalvik cache, and the try to redownload it from somewhere else, theres a link in the rooting for dummies guieed, if this doesnt work let me know

19. LittleRedDot

Ok I got CM7 on the phone, I seem to like it. Get most everything just how I want it except my backups. Now I can do without most of my backups like texts and emails, but I need my apps. The worst part is that I'm unable to download the marketplace app anywhere? how could that not be included?

And I'd like to restore my libraries backup, why cant I flash these?

20. LittleRedDot

Oh I forgot to mention the worst part, I cant setup my email accounts??????????

21. parkerskouson

did you sucessfully install the gapps? cause if not nothing will work

dustwun77 likes this.
  22. LittleRedDot

How do I kmow which gapps is the correct one? Theres so many to choose from?

23. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

dustwun77 likes this.
  24. LittleRedDot

Ok last night I finally got the correct gapps and everything loaded up beautifully. Was able to log inot all my google stuff and other email accounts, and even get back into the market place. So now I just have a few easier questions... Is the marketplace for rooted phones different than for non, because this didn't look like the old marketplace at all. Not that I'm complaining, there are way more and cooler apps that are free. The other question is that CM7 seems to have loaded in ADW Launcher, which I'm not used to. So I tried to install some widgets from the market place to freshen up my home screens, but they don't save in ADW's widget folder. The only way I can add them is via the app setting. Who wants a sense closck the size of an app, that helps noone!?

ocnbrze and andygu3 like this.
  25. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

The market will not be any different for a rooted phone, You probably have a newer updated version of the market but depending on how old the GApps zip was, not sure what market you have.

You can change the launcher to whatever you want. try LauncherPro or Go launcher from the market. Those 2 are the most popular

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews