• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New guy saying hi, and i also have a question

fury15

Lurker
Aug 18, 2012
Hi im the new guy here, im familiar with rooting and messing with phones that i have ( bionic, thunderbolt, og droid, droid razrMaxx, Droid 3, Eris, Epic and so on) but a friend of mine her phone has stopped working and is in a constant boot loop, it powers up to the hauwei screen then restarts, does anyone know if there is anything i can do to reset the phone or reload the software so that her ascend 2 starts up? any assistance will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance. ~ Richard

i had this prob the night i got my ascend 2 from us cellular. i just hooked it up to my comp next morning and it fired right up. otherwise just take in to have it looked at. if she just got it they might replace it on spot if they cant fix. us cellular has a 15 day window where if it dont work like it should they declare it doa and replace it
try pressing volume up + volume down at the same time, while pressing the power button. the phone should go into a firmware update process. let it run. it will reboot your phone a couple of times whenever it finishes. after the second or third reboot, you should be good. if that doesnt work, let me know. I'll explain how to install the dload folder from the stock zip file onto ur sd card from a pc. ur phone will automatically flash it once you boot up the way i previously explained. try it first. if that doesnt work, the next step will. its happened to me more times than i can remember.

Upvote 0
Hi im the new guy here, im familiar with rooting and messing with phones that i have ( bionic, thunderbolt, og droid, droid razrMaxx, Droid 3, Eris, Epic and so on) but a friend of mine her phone has stopped working and is in a constant boot loop, it powers up to the hauwei screen then restarts, does anyone know if there is anything i can do to reset the phone or reload the software so that her ascend 2 starts up? any assistance will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance. ~ Richard

hi! adroid operating system is corrupted.
power off you phone.
press and hold volume up and power key. until you see android system recovery
volume keys to navigate camera to select

go to wipe data/factory reset
go to YES delete all user data
go to REboot system now
\
it will come to rest on the android welcome screen. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones