1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New Guy seeking guidance

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by beachbox, Jan 22, 2014.

1. beachbox

beachbox Lurker
    None

Jan 22, 2014
    Howdy, This is my first post and I want to follow the rules so I come seeking guidance.
    I would like to buy an inexpensive 7" tablet to use as a bedside internet radio. I need "TuneIn, IheartRadio " etc as well as url's for broadcast radio stations. I will use a set of amplified computer speakers and the tablet will be plugged in house power full time. I bought a HKC P776a 7" running android jellybean with dual core 1.5 GHz and 1 GB ram. It has great display and good sound and works well it has google play and loads most apps, but it won't load TuneIn or Iheart. There is a message displayed over the install button the says something like--This app is incompatible with your device--. The tech help response was canned and said that system requirements included android 2.3 or newer and Bluetooth capability. My old LG phone (Optimus V) plays both tunein and iheartradio well and it has neither Bluetooth or android 2.3 (I have 2.1.1).
    Is there a lower end tablet that will work??
    If I should be using another thread please tell me and I apologize in advance. Thank you, Bob

Advertisement

2. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues - Crazy peacock person -
    VIP Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Formerly UNIX/Linux programmer/sysadmin, now disab
    /home/LosAngeles
    Hi there, Bob. Welcome to Android Forums. We're glad you're here. :)

I'm not familiar with the apps you're talking about, but you may be able to side-load them onto your existing tablet.

I've moved this to our Device/Carrier Comparisons board. I think it'll get better help there, whether in terms of side-loading onto your existing tablet or getting input on buying something else.