• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new guy with questions

gula187

Sep 12, 2010
Hey guys im new to the forums and the android world..i ordered a captivate after reading that a lot of people is having problems with the phones...now i want to switch to sprint so i get the evo...i like everything about the captivate especially the 16gb internal memory but the only thing i do not like about the evo is the small amount of internal memory..what should i do?

Hey guys im new to the forums and the android world..i ordered a captivate after reading that a lot of people is having problems with the phones...now i want to switch to sprint so i get the evo...i like everything about the captivate especially the 16gb internal memory but the only thing i do not like about the evo is the small amount of internal memory..what should i do?

Welcome to the forums! Hope to see you around more.

Internal memory is nice, but remember you can always buy a microSD card for added storage. While the Captivate does have 16gb's of internal space (along with a 2 gig SD) the Evo comes with an 8 gig card to be paired with it's 1 gig of internal storage. And you can always buy a bigger card if that is not enough.

Other factors, like coverage with your carrier, are more important factors.

Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up! :D

That's the thing. With Android, you have quite a few choices. :) The evo is a great phone. No doubt about that. It is my feeling that when a person gets a phone, he should first consider what carrier has the best coverage in their area. That's crucial.

For example, when I visit my sister on eastern Long Island, she has no coverage in her home and I have perfect coverage. She has Sprint and I have Verizon. Big difference there. Why bother having a phone if it can't get a signal?

Then look at the features. Do I want a big or little phone? Keyboard or no keyboard? Both of the phones you are talking about have good SD card storage capabilities. So, it's really a wash.

Good luck in your choice!

Upvote 0
i been researching the two carriers...sprint has more nation wide coverage than at&t and with sprints roaming it just as reliable as at&t...a couple guys told me i will have just about the same coverage down here in louisiana with both carriers...i dont like the fact that at&t data plan is limited to 2gb unlike the rest of the big carriers

Upvote 0
i been researching the two carriers...sprint has more nation wide coverage than at&t and with sprints roaming it just as reliable as at&t...a couple guys told me i will have just about the same coverage down here in louisiana with both carriers...i dont like the fact that at&t data plan is limited to 2gb unlike the rest of the big carriers

While roaming does mean you have some extended coverage, keep in mind you're purchasing a smartphone and will be using data. And edge speeds aren't fun when you've got one of these screamers. If you haven't tried a coverage map of your area, here is one: Sprint - Nationwide Coverage

Real world results is what matters the most, but I guess you have to start from somewhere. And I agree about at&t's data plan- so have you tried Verizon? It generally has reliable coverage, and recently released it's Galaxy S variant, the Fascinate. Unless the plan pricing deters you. You also have the option of the Epic on Sprint, which is the Galaxy S for the carrier, and has a sliding keyboard (if you're into that ).

Upvote 0
i looked at Verizon's plans and they are higher than my at&t so thats why i considered sprint,after looking at both of the coverage maps for louisiana the have about the same overall coverage...another upside that spring has is the free mobile to mobile to any carrier while at&t is just free on their network

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones