1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New Guy

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 1946pab, Feb 23, 2011.

1. 1946pab

1946pab Lurker
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Just purchased my Samsung Galaxy at Verizon Store yesterday and hope to get as much use of it as possible. Being a little "long in the tooth" I am already experiencing some difficulty. I do not automatically recognize or am familiar with many of the applications pre-installed. Is there a tutorial or application out their for the Android that can provide some basic introduction of the Applications and technology available?

My main intent is to download and store .pdf files of reference material for my service business. I would also like to sync the device with my PC and MS Office Outlook Calendar / Contacts so I am not managing two redundant programs. Thirdly, I would like to download and store product photos from my PC to my device.

Any constructive input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 1946pab

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

To communicate between your phone and PC, you'll need to install the Samsung KIES software onto your computer. It can be found on the Samsung support web site.

In terms of syncing with Outlook, if you are wanting to sync locally with the Outlook on your desktop you'll likely need to load some third party software like Companion Link.