1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New Guy

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Knite Ryder, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Knite Ryder

Knite Ryder Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2013
    I'm new on here, learning about the Android platform. I know a little about rooting, I was so used to the playstation psp era that now I'm starting to like the Android platform. I have a few android operating units. The Droid X, Kyocera Hydro and a Coby Kyros MID9740-8. Now I've read that now you're able to run google play on the 9742 but can that same process for the 9742 work for the 9740. Any info will be gladly appreciated. I'm a windows guy, and I prefer to using Vista, I find it better than the newer versions they have now. But I hope I can learn more things about the Android and also help others in the future.

P.S. My Droid X I forgot to mention is rooted and getting that done was a pain, also was trying to get it to run on Boost Mobile Network which failed but I think found a way just have to see how it plays out when I attempt to switch the ESN manually.

Well thats it for now.

Advertisement

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    Welcome KR, enjoy the site, if you need anything just holler

3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator
    None

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Civil Engineer
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Welcome Knight Ryder, to the AF community :)

Unfortunately I do not know enough about the Coby Kyros tablets to understand if that would work on your device. I would suggest, since we do not have a forum for it to post a question about it here: General Tablet Talk - Android Forums

Otherwise here is the device forum for your phone if you have anymore questions: Motorola Droid X - Android Forums

Thanks for joining :D:D