1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New Hardware Required for Repair?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JDWired, Jul 31, 2011.

1. JDWired

JDWired Member
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    I sent my tablet out last Saturday because the firmware got corrupted. I sent it out to Samsung and received a note saying they are waiting for a hardware part to be able to repair the device. My first thought on this is, Did they break it and now need to replace what they did, and what is a hardware repair needed for when it's the OS that is messed up.

Can anyone explain this to me?

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

There's a device which plugs into the Tab's charging/data transfer port that facilitates forcing into life a bricked unit, but the name of that thing escapes me at the moment. Perhaps that's what they're waiting for.

If not, I'm wondering if the firmware corruption included disallowing data access to one or more components in the circuit. If so, they may have to replace that for you.

JDWired likes this.
  3. JDWired

JDWired Member
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    Great response Frisco. It does not make sense but what is the possible wait time for this to get done? I received the email yesterday morning (Sunday).

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

I saw one turn-around at 10 working days (two weeks in reality) and another report from a co-worker who tells me her Tab was sent on a Monday this past July and came back via FedEx Tuesday of the following week.

It varies by the volume of work they have in any given week, I'm sure.

JDWired likes this.
  5. JDWired

JDWired Member
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    I gave you thanks in both posts Frisco for the support you provided. Have a great day and I look forward to getting more support if needed for my tablet.