• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New here, but not to Android

Hi 'droid fans!

My name is John and I've been working with the Android since May. I work for Cequint which makes CityID, a product that shows the City and State of incoming calls on the incoming call screen of mobile phones. This is a feat that requires working directly with the manufacturers of the phones since they don't let anyone have access to that screen. We have the product on phones with four of the top six major US carriers.

So I've been working with the internals of Android for a while. I can't really say anything about when, or with what carrier, this work will show up with, but I keep getting to work with the platform at various levels.

The prior company that I helped start made games for cell phones. I worked at that for four years. Oh, how I wish there had been a platform like Android then!

I've also started writing little apps for Android on the side. I've got an ADP-1 at work, as well as rooted G1's and MyTouches. My personal phone is an Ion that I got at the Google IO conference.

I just published my first Android Marketplace app...but I think there's probably a forum for that somewhere on here so I'll put that announcement where it belongs. :)

Hi 'droid fans!

My name is John and I've been working with the Android since May. I work for Cequint which makes CityID, a product that shows the City and State of incoming calls on the incoming call screen of mobile phones. This is a feat that requires working directly with the manufacturers of the phones since they don't let anyone have access to that screen. We have the product on phones with four of the top six major US carriers.

So I've been working with the internals of Android for a while. I can't really say anything about when, or with what carrier, this work will show up with, but I keep getting to work with the platform at various levels.

The prior company that I helped start made games for cell phones. I worked at that for four years. Oh, how I wish there had been a platform like Android then!

I've also started writing little apps for Android on the side. I've got an ADP-1 at work, as well as rooted G1's and MyTouches. My personal phone is an Ion that I got at the Google IO conference.

I just published my first Android Marketplace app...but I think there's probably a forum for that somewhere on here so I'll put that announcement where it belongs. :)

Welcome!

Upvote 0
Hi 'droid fans!

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0
Thank you!

BTW, I was going to put an app announcement up in the appropriate forum, but I don't seem to have permission to post there yet.

Just try posting the info about the application in the Applications forum ...

The Apps section (top of the page is reserved for the Site)
even Moderators dont have access to Post there ...

According to site rules .... Please post your app info only in the Applications forum and dont spam it .... you are allowed to include info and a link to it in your signature .....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones