• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Here w/ W Question

I own a LG Ally have had it about a month and it's been replaced already
:( I moved 2 weeks ago now I get the crappiest signal I've seen in my life. Hell. I dont even get a signal at all. So this is what they are offering me
"Verizon just told me to pick a free upgrade since the Ally Droid has crappy signals, so which is the best? DROID X, DROID 2, DROID INCREDIBLE or the Samsung Fascinate. Those are our four choices they gave me.

My next question is say I have the yahoo application and it works great I use it for SMS. My question is "Is there a messenger or an application that I can use or buy that works with yahoo where I can send files using yahoo or something that's based on sending files via sms and not text messaging? I wanna be able to send files via sms without certain people getting my phone # That's why I been using yahoo to send SMS messages, but I wanna send picture files and videos via SMS if possible. Please and Thanks.
Strawberry

so theyre just giving you a phone any one of your choice? lucky man. I'd get the droid x for the ridiculously large screen and performance, but the incredible is a good phone too, high performance as well. I wouldnt get the droid 2 unless you need a keyboard, but thats just my opinion, hope i helped.

Upvote 0
Thank You KC! They have already replaced it two times within a month. I'm a brandew customer. Today they told me they would send me one of the four choices. Why wouldnt they? I'm paying $104.00 a month for something that hasnt worked in two weeks. Not only am I having these issues, my boyfriend lives with me and his phone is doing the same.

They even sent us 2 more Allys and the same issue is happening with those. She said she seen where the calls are being dropped. Something about where we live it's in the middle of an Alltel tower and a Verizon tower and they are bouncing off each other causing a conflict.. Other Verizon customers have been here and they have four bars we don't even get any bars and where it says 3g or 1g its not even showing that at all. :(

Upvote 0
I've spent hours and hours and hours on the phone with them one of their Csr Reps discovered when calls are coming in and going out from my account its bouncing from both towers causing a conflict of interest.

I had the same problem.
After several months of BS, I got Verizon to admit that it was their issue so they sent me a Network Extender. Works great.

Upvote 0
I thought that would work for me as well, but they didn't offer that to me, but I sure don't mind, because what upsets me even more than the phone not working is the Ally doesn't have flash and probably never will so I can't play my games nor look @ certain sites and it pisses me off. Why pay all this money for a phone that isn't 100% compatible with what you want to do. They need to make it clear when someone is purchasing what this phone can't do. I didn't know it didn't have flash until my boyfriend said, "What's Flash"? I said, a program that we download to play certain games and look at certain videos. I go to download it and it's not offered @ that point is when I learned this is BS.

I had the same problem.
After several months of BS, I got Verizon to admit that it was their issue so they sent me a Network Extender. Works great.

Upvote 0
I thought that would work for me as well, but they didn't offer that to me, but I sure don't mind, because what upsets me even more than the phone not working is the Ally doesn't have flash and probably never will so I can't play my games nor look @ certain sites and it pisses me off. Why pay all this money for a phone that isn't 100% compatible with what you want to do. They need to make it clear when someone is purchasing what this phone can't do. I didn't know it didn't have flash until my boyfriend said, "What's Flash"? I said, a program that we download to play certain games and look at certain videos. I go to download it and it's not offered @ that point is when I learned this is BS.

you can't really expect the company to give you a list of everything the phone *can't* do... "can't run flash, can't run Half-Life 2, can't run Windows Vista, can't cook toast, can't drive your car..." They just give you what it *can* do. It's your responsibility to check that against the list of things you *want* to do. If there's something in particular you want, you can research, fairly easily, whether the phone can do it, before you buy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones