1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New here :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by loribug26, Mar 3, 2011.

1. loribug26

loribug26 Newbie

Hello! I'm new to this forum....have had a Moto Droid since right after it came out, and I just bought a nook color, so I'm "lurking" around to see if I can figure out how to root it or whatever I need to do that's fairly simple to get apps and other cool stuff on it. It does what I want it to do right now, but I thought it looked fun as an android "tablet" too... :)
    Nice to "meet" y'all!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Welcome to the Android Forums!

loribug26 likes this.
  3. Lars

Lars Android Expert

nookdevs.com After you root it use adbwireless to get stuff done. It's a bit trickey compared to most android devices.

4. loribug26

loribug26 Newbie

crap....don't tell me that lol :) It pretty much does what I got it for stock, but I've always been curious abt rooting, but never wanted to take the plunge with the droid, since I need it as a phone...

I may just chicken out and leave the NC as is...which is pretty good for me really!!

Thanks!!! Have a great weekend!!

5. Martimus

You don't need to use ADB Wireless unless you have plans to load custom ROMs. Go over to XDA and grab AutoNooter for your version of firmware.

6. highjakker

highjakker Android Enthusiast

welcome to the site!

7. loribug26

loribug26 Newbie

thanks :) can I get flash with that? I upgraded the firmware last night to 1.1.0

I'm still digging thru these threads...lots of interesting & confusing info! :D

8. Lars

Lars Android Expert

Well when Youtube craps out you may in order to get an apk over.

It runs 2.1 on that version of the firmware so no flash but try Skyfire. There are some 2.2 ROMs but I don't know if the hardware supports flash. It might.

9. Martimus

I can't speak for anyone elses NC but mine's been running with no issues since the 1.1 update... ;)