• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Welcome to Android Forums.

When you say bricked, do you mean that the phone will not turn on at all? In most cases a fully bricked phone is not recoverable by the consumer. If you can get power, but no boot into Android, then there may be options for you. Do you know how to get into download mode or recovery on your phone? As close as I can figure out the Phone you have is the CDMA (India) version of The Samsung Galaxy Mini. Maybe the folks in Galaxy Mini (S5570) - All Things Root - Android Forums will be able to get you up and running.

Upvote 0
bricked in the sense. once i switch on mobile it shows samsung logo and stucks there. i am able to get into recovery mode and download mode through adb. once i use Odin Multi Downloader SCH-I559 with i559EJ20 file i get below error:

<1> big partition size!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> mibib download..
<1> 1/9 Finished.
<1> qcsbl download..

and in mobile i see this error:

samsung_bml_format FAIL : 900a001
ONW UPDATE FAIL.

No idea if any service guy is there in bangalore who can load even original firmware for me. Since this piece is out of warranty, samsung service center people told they have to replace board and it will cost Rs 4000 which is almost half price of mobile.

Hope anybody here can help me in solving my issue.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Upvote 0
bricked in the sense. once i switch on mobile it shows samsung logo and stucks there. i am able to get into recovery mode and download mode through adb. once i use Odin Multi Downloader SCH-I559 with i559EJ20 file i get below error:

<1> big partition size!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> big partition size!!
<1> mibib download..
<1> 1/9 Finished.
<1> qcsbl download..

and in mobile i see this error:

samsung_bml_format FAIL : 900a001
ONW UPDATE FAIL.

No idea if any service guy is there in bangalore who can load even original firmware for me. Since this piece is out of warranty, samsung service center people told they have to replace board and it will cost Rs 4000 which is almost half price of mobile.

Hope anybody here can help me in solving my issue.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hello disney007,
welcome to Android forums and galaxy mini sub forum. Your issues seems to be very common among those who resurrected their handsets in service centers after brick.

Anyway, to solve you issue, simply flash this file : ARM11boot_GT-S5570.tar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download and then flash it as one package or as BOOT using Odin Mutli Downloader 4.38 tool.

If you don't have Odin and tass.ops file then you may download them from Handy Information

• To flash put your phone in download mode.
  • In Odin, select OPS button and load Tass_v1.ops file.
  • Select One package and load ARM11boot_GT-S5570.tar file
  • Connect your handset to your PC
  • Press Start on Odin and wait till Odin flashes it.
It should be completed within 5 to 6 minutes (max) and you are done.

Best wishes! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones