1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

New Hero user here

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Absocold, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Absocold

Absocold New Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Hey all, Just used the insurance on my Moment (thankfully, that thing was a POS), and they told me that they couldnt replace it with the same phone. They told me that I was going to get a HTC 6277. Imagine my suprise when I found that that is the HTC Hero! I was debating between the two phones when I got the Moment, but the keyboard sold me on the Moment. I guess now I will get to repent for my sins, eh?

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and see what tips you pros might have for me. Its a Sprint phone, so that means CDMA? So no rooting for me? Please, someone slap me with a large trout if I'm wrong.

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    Well, let's just say it's lucky I have no large trout to hand ;)

The Sprint Hero can definitely be rooted.

By the way, we have a separate Sprint Hero Section for all CDMA Heroes, so I've moved your post there. Check out the Rooting Guide stickied at the top of the Sprint Hero rooting sub-section :)

And that's an important distinction to make; don't try any rooting guides designed for GSM/European Heroes with your CDMA phone, or you'll brick it.

Welcome to the forum :)

3. llchromell

llchromell Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Welcome to the forum, im somewhat new to the hero as well (1 month old) and i have absolutely loved it. now i just rooted it last night and while the task is daunting at 1st, its actually quite easy with the one click method.

heres a few threads that helped me. . .

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=694572

make sure ur phone has a .5 and not a .6 like stated on that thread or else u will have to add an extra step or 2

if u have a .6 then the RUU u will need is about 3 quarters down that page, once u get that done. . .happy rooting

4. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    The Universal One-Click method actually works with a .6 Android 2.1 build as well. All other methods would require a downgrade to the .5 Android 2.1 build though.

I hope you enjoy your new Sprint HTC Hero. I have received lots of help in these forums and I do not doubt for a second that you will too.

5. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    the Hero CDMA has a lot you can do with it..
    rooting
    and so many ROMS
    and a working Froyo 2.2

just make sure you dont cross data with a GSM version.. VERY BAD IF YOU GET YOUR HANDS ON A GSM RADIO.

Tags: