• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Hero user

hi everyone,

i just got my new HTC Hero( i am a Iphone user) well i switched yestarday to android : ) realy nice phone, i need to know a litle bit more about it:

if you can answer ;)

1 - donut is the OS or kernell? can i upgrade my Hero to the new Os version?

2 - i instaled the appkiller, could you please tell my what is the best way to exit apps by pressing the button or the apps allways stay active untill you kill them ? which one should stay there all the time??

3 - any one knows how to sync my contacts from my mac book to the hero ?

Thank you in advance and regards ;)

SteCu

Welcome!

The Hero ROM is something which is being updated now and again and Donut is obviously a name you've heard related to this (a newer version of Android OS). These updates are normally released on the HTC website where you can go along and flash your phone.

With apps, the only real way you have of exiting them is to press the Home or Back button. Not all apps are programmed to close down whenever this is executed though, so it's best to run an app killer once in a while to check for apps still running in the background which may slow the phone down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones