1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New HTC apps for hero

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by twondog22, Dec 18, 2009.

1. twondog22

twondog22 Newbie

2. COMOEd

COMOEd Newbie

I downloaded the HTC battery widget. I am wondering how accurate it is, or if it is more accurate than the meter in settings. The battery widget showed that within 30 minutes of unplugging and checking emails, surfing the web, and looking in the market, my battery had dropped to 90 percent.

3. dkokkos

dkokkos Newbie

same here that first 10% just drops too fast...

4. ron

ron Member

Seems to me that a 10% drop in 30 minutes would be about right, since that would add up to about 5 hours of heavy use to fully use the battery, right? I think that is around the rated time for the stock battery...
    Non-heavy use it'll last a lot longer.
    I tried installing that battery app and it crashed my SenseUI, so I uninstalled it.

5. twondog22

twondog22 Newbie

it had trouble installing it too untill i realized that your not supposed to "install it" just dload and then add it to the homscreen/desktop by looking under HTC widgets

6. nathanotis

nathanotis Android Enthusiast

IMO:
    Battery is a nice widget...
    Tip Calculator should be an ap, not a widget...
    Dice is... not great...
    Today in History was still loading after 5 minutes, so I deleted it, but there are websites that give the same info, and don't take up room on my Hero.

7. aznsmith

aznsmith Member

yeah...the battery widget is basically the only good one.

tip calc is alright...you can easily use your brain to figure out a simple percentage but it's still useful.

dice is almost pointless.

today in history took forever to load but once loaded, i decided that it's completely useless as a widget since it loads too much data in such a small portion of the screen. the links on each data point makes it almost impossible to scroll through the information without pressing on a hyperlink especially for those with a rubbery screen protector (zagg).

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews