• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New HTC Desire - really power hungry

cardifftom

Lurker
Sep 20, 2010
Hulloooooo Everyone,

new entrant!!! first smartphone, but am going crazy charging it. how can i increase battery life? i have downloaded some task manager by googling but no idea whether it will work. there are lot of these apps that continuously run in the background even when i don't want to use them. friendstream, peep, stocks etc etc. Can I control them? I am sorry if this has been asked already. so please can someone enlighten me?

Thanks,
Cardifftom

Reactions: Utchie1234
Welcome to the Android Forums! You'll likely hear many different opinions on this but IMO task managers (for Android) are counter-productive. The OS is smart enough to know how to manage memory on it's own. Terminate a process that Android thinks should be running and it restarts it. Set the task killer in "auto" mode and you get a digital tennis match... kill, start, kill, start, kill, start, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones