• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New HTC Eris Droid user.

Hello all! I'm a systems administrator for a small (alllllmost medium) business. During my daily IT tasks I have lots of help from my support staff. You know, the small business support staff? Me, Myself and I? Anyway, the company provides my phone and uses Verizon as their provider. Iv'e had a Storm (original) for about 5 months.

Monday we hired a couple of new people, and they needed phones. The plan is to rotate my phone to the new hire, and get a new phone for myself. The logic being I can evaluate newer phones and suggest such when the time comes to add more lines.

So I knew going in to the Verizon store, with the media onslaught, that I definitely wanted to check out the Droid. Due to the way our plan is structured, getting the HTC Eris Droid was the much cheaper way to go. Deep down I really wanted to get the Motorola, but being a new startup, every penny we save can end up making a huge difference.

What a cool phone!! I'm really impressed. I'm lovin' it so far. Still need to find out all the little tips and tricks, which led me here. The phrase 'iphone killer' is thrown about quite a bit, and in almost every instance, the 'killer' is far from it. Well, this is the first time that I agree with that label. After the first 5 minutes with the phone, you understand the potential of Android. 'Tis a good time to be alive.

Anyway, didn't mean to veer off into a resume' and new phone review in my introduction. Look at it this way, at least it wasn't the pantented "hi doodz! name is bob, where the warez at?" introduction :D

Thanks for providing a place to talk about android! Lookin' forward to the interaction!

Hello all! I'm a systems administrator for a small (alllllmost medium) business. During my daily IT tasks I have lots of help from my support staff. You know, the small business support staff? Me, Myself and I? Anyway, the company provides my phone and uses Verizon as their provider. Iv'e had a Storm (original) for about 5 months.

Monday we hired a couple of new people, and they needed phones. The plan is to rotate my phone to the new hire, and get a new phone for myself. The logic being I can evaluate newer phones and suggest such when the time comes to add more lines.

So I knew going in to the Verizon store, with the media onslaught, that I definitely wanted to check out the Droid. Due to the way our plan is structured, getting the HTC Eris Droid was the much cheaper way to go. Deep down I really wanted to get the Motorola, but being a new startup, every penny we save can end up making a huge difference.

What a cool phone!! I'm really impressed. I'm lovin' it so far. Still need to find out all the little tips and tricks, which led me here. The phrase 'iphone killer' is thrown about quite a bit, and in almost every instance, the 'killer' is far from it. Well, this is the first time that I agree with that label. After the first 5 minutes with the phone, you understand the potential of Android. 'Tis a good time to be alive.

Anyway, didn't mean to veer off into a resume' and new phone review in my introduction. Look at it this way, at least it wasn't the pantented "hi doodz! name is bob, where the warez at?" introduction :D

Thanks for providing a place to talk about android! Lookin' forward to the interaction!

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones