1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General New HTC phone anyone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by today, Feb 8, 2014.

1. today

today Android Expert

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    spanaway washington
    Coming up on my upgrade date and maybe a phablet is looking better for my tired old eyes. Htc rumors a new fablet code name M8/ONE2, successor to the One series. I'm interested. "Go big or go home" is my new credo. Anyone else interested? Verizon hopefully will stock this monster. Big red has a new offer to to get me to surrender my unlimited data. They say I can sign a new contract, get a discounted phone and get 6 gig of data per month for life. I've only been above 2 gig a handful of times, but I don't ever want to monitor my usage, so 6 gig, as long as it's not throttle-able, should appease me. Oh yeah, on a side-note, my long standing relationship with my local NFL team "FINALLY" paid dividends. Go Hawks. (Seahawks to the rest of the world). :congrats:

Advertisement

2. jamala00

jamala00 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    I didn't think anyone used this forum anymore. I was bored today so I thought I would check. My next phone will not be an HTC nor will it be a phablet. I am thinking the Galaxy S4 Mini if they do not have an S5 Mini by summer. I see I got an extra gig of data for the same price. They changed the share everything to the "more" everything plans now?? Guess to compete with AT&T.

3. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    I'm out of contract with my Rez. I too might be interested in the next HTC. I can't imagine anything that's not HTC. Been using them too long to make a change now.

4. jamala00

jamala00 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    Well I ended up buying a Galaxy S4 Mini off Ebay so I could check it out before doing any kind of new contract with a new phone. Have to say, so far, I like the HTC Inc 4G better. The Galaxy S4 screen is a bit bigger and a bit more vibrant, but Sense vs TouchWiz and some KitKat options you can't get rid of... I'll give it a couple weeks, but I might be listing this S4 Mini back on ebay and going back to my Inc 4G for now. Wish HTC would make a new 4" phone...!

5. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    I ended up getting a HTC M8. It sure is a nice smooth phone. If you are shopping, you might want to drop into the M8 area and read up. Lots of good things going on there.

6. today

today Android Expert

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    spanaway washington
    I've had the m8 since its launch and was a little unsure if it would be a hindrance to carry around. Nope. Very happy with my choice. Paid full freight and kept my unlimited plan too. Good purchase.