1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New icon in notification bar.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jen2440, Aug 6, 2017.

1. jen2440

jen2440 Member

The icon is a circle with an L in the middle. There are also 2 short, curved lines on top of the circle. When I pull the bar down there is no explanation.

Any idea what this is?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Screenshot might help

Leon Marco and AMOCO like this.
  3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I'm guessing your icon is on the right side of the notification bar so it's a system app running. Do you have location turned on?

4. jen2440

jen2440 Member

Sorry for the delay in responding, but have had trouble logging in (password??). Anyway, it occured to me that the icon isn't a circle with an L in it, but an alarm clock.

To the best of my knowledge I don't have any apps with alarms set, and have never seen this icon before. I've checked CALENDAR and CLOCK and didn't find anything.

(I took a screenshot, but I don't know how to include it as an attachment to my reply. Didn't see a paperclip icon or attachment option.)

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

When you reply to the thread, at the bottom you'll see the "upload a file" link. Add your screenshot there.

2017-08-07.png

6. jen2440

jen2440 Member

7. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

The alarm clock icon normally only comes on when an alarm is set, i.e via a clock app. Calendar notifications don't produce that. Do you have any other clock apps installed (3rd party clock/timer/world clock apps)? Sadly this is a system notification rather than an app notification so doesn't tell you which app has set it.