• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new ics unlock screen

You can touch the icon and drag your finger to the right the way you always have and it will behave like Gingerbread.

I find the whole issue annoying and I use ... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jraf.android.nolock&hl=en ... and leave it unlocked 99% of the time. You can put a widget on your screen that will toggle between lock and unlock. You currently have to go through the unlock screen once after you power on.

... Thom

Reactions: aaronmach1
Upvote 0
i hate it. i liked the one swipe to home screen on the previous android versions. Now i have to tap the key and then choose unlock on ics. Is there any way to make it go to homescreen after just pressing the key to unlock?

I would suggest looking into some apps that change the lock screen then maybe like Go Locker or Widget Locker, they offer a lot of customization of the lock screen and will probably help you solve this issue :)

Upvote 0
Drag down notifications bar>Click on Settings>Scroll down to personal>Touch Security & Screen Lock>Touch Screen Lock.
Choices: None, Slide(default), Face Unlock, Pattern, Pin, Password.

I set mine to none...phone boots immediately to main screen...LOVE IT !!!!

That is EXACTLY what I always wanted and had not yet happened onto it in ICS. NoLock was the closest I came in Gingerbread.

... Thom

Upvote 0
i hate it. i liked the one swipe to home screen on the previous android versions. Now i have to tap the key and then choose unlock on ics. Is there any way to make it go to homescreen after just pressing the key to unlock?

You dont have to tap then slide, you can just slide to the right as always. Tapping just brings the choices up into view allowing you to choose something to slide to, but if you know where to slide, you don't have to tap.

Reactions: aaronmach1
Upvote 0
Geez, another ICS complaint that isn't even true. As others have said, you can still lazily slide your finger to the right to unlock like always. It amazes me that people would sooner take the time and effort to come online and complain about something before first checking "hmm, maybe I can still slide my finger". And on top of that, you find out ICS even has built in features to disable the lock screen completely!

Funny how everyone hates ICS until they take 3 seconds to open their eyes and figure it out. Sorry I just feel compelled to defend ICS because there have been so many complaints from people lately who don't even know what they are talking about.

Upvote 0
This is the place where people come with Bionic problems and in many many cases they get them solved.

Not everyone who comes here reads the past history on everything so they don't know that a question was already asked and answered. As a result there is some repetition in questions.

My view is that if we answer a person's question (even if it was answered previously) then that person might come back and that person may turn into a contributor.

It has happened before.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones