• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New ICS version released

I'm still learning all this. What can flashing just the KP4 Modem offer?

That aside, it seems it will be full of bugs.

Its hard to say until I actually try it as the effectiveness of modems depends on your network and location. So its hard to say if it will be an improvement until you've tried it. But I'm hoping it will improve my signal and upload/download speed. Other people have reported a big improvement in speeds on the last two modems (KL1 and KP1) but they didn't work for me on 3 uk. So I've been using quite an old one as it provides the best combination of speed and battery. So I'm hoping this one can give me the extra speed without draining my battery like the last two.

Upvote 0
installed it now. seems okay but wifi takes forever to connect, keeps it fine once established.

has restarted a few times without any reason. Strangely no firmware replacement buttons at the bottom of the screen, take it samsung took these out.

A couple of things bugging me:

1. face unlock cannot start - any ideas anybody? EDIT - pulled down the CM9 zip, and used the faceunlock from there applied to official ROM, this has fixed face unlock for me, and also strangely solved the inability to switch off or restart I mentioned below.

2. notification bar has notification to setup automatic update. cannot 'clear' this notification, and when try to set it up it says that it has failed. EDIT - has now accepted setup, but will connect to server for update, so thinking this may be a sporadic server issue at present, and not a phone issue.

I think for now I will be going back to checkrom v4.0 until a more stable version is released. going to try to nab the browser from here as love the sync with chrome. if anybody has fathomed how to do this please share.

EDIT - will hang with this ROM for a while, report any other bugs found, and report on battery life for anybody interested.

Have managed to add the CFroot Kernel so got ROM rooted and CWM added with no issues. Has anybody managed to get JKay settings working with this ROM, might just sod it and try flashing the 13.3.9 zip to see what happens. although only for deodexed ROMs so that will probably cause a lot of issues.

Upvote 0
This is test just run on my phone:

Screenshot_2012-01-02-00-13-14.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones