1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New Incredible 2...completely dead

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mark16q, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Mark16q

Mark16q Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 28, 2010
    CPa
    Conejo Valley, CA
    Former Eris user, and picked up a nearly brand new Inc2 the other day, in a pretty much sealed package. Worked great for about 3 days now, and today when I went to turn it on it was dead. Won't take a charge, light won't come on, tried pulling battery, sim, memory, etc and no life at all.

As I bought it used, any chance I can get it warrantied? it was still in the original wrap when I bought it and looked unused.

Or is there a fix for what I have going on. Can't do a reset, etc as it's completely powerless. Checked charger on another phone and it's fine.

Help???

Advertisement

2. initial_V

initial_V Member
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    Guam
    It sounds like it could have been shorted by a power surge of some sort. Have you tried taking out the battery and just plugging in the phone and powering up? If it does power up, it could be the battery or a charging circuit.

If it doesn't power up, take it back to the place you bought it from and see if they can diagnose the problem. If they don't have the capabilities to do so ask if they offer some sort of warranty. Hopefully, the vendor does.

If they can't diagnose it, take to a shop that can. You also can contact HTC for support.

Good luck.

3. Mark16q

Mark16q Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 28, 2010
    CPa
    Conejo Valley, CA
    The phone died while unplugged on a full charge in the morning. Had used it coming to work and it was fine. Tried pulling battery, sim, memory, charger with and without all of the above and no heartbeat. Charger light doesn't come on and it's cold as a rock. Tried the charger on another phone and it's fine, so thinking it's time to get in line at VZW.

Thanks,

mg