1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support New issue with Exchange????

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fromaj, Feb 23, 2011.

1. fromaj

fromaj Lurker

First of all, I have been unable to find out if this is a known issue or not. If it is, I appoligize for the repeat thread. Here is the situation. One of my collegues and I just got new Samsung Mesmerize phones. We both traded in our iPhones to go with USCC. Both of our phones use 2.1 andriod OS. We both work in IT and we are connecting our phones to an Exchange 2003 server. This server requires that a password be set on the phone. We get this connection set up, it syncronizes email, calendar, and contacts, and all seems to work just fine. We are required to put in a password, but that is okay. We support Windows Mobile, iPhones, Blackberrys (via a BES server) and Android phones on our network and all of the types of devices seem to be working just fine... except our new Samsung Mesmerizes. We have owned them for a couple of weeks now and periodically, at random times, the phone will hang, reboot, flash a few commands on the screen, wipe the phone and restore everything back to the factory defaults. We then have to set up all of our settings again and reinstall all of our apps that we have downloaded. Thankfully, it does not format the SD card so all our pics and videos and stuff we have backed up are still on the phone, but in every other respect, we have a new phone that has never been set up. This has happend to me twice in the past two weeks and my collegue has had it happen three times. To complicate things, I purchased my wife a Mesmerize at the exact same time. Hers connects to GMail only. Hers has never had a problem. The other users in my network that have android phones have different models and have never had an issue in the many months that they have used their phones. I can only surmize that this is an issue with this phone connecting to Exchange 2003. Has anybody else experienced this? Is there a fix. I hope that Froyo will correct it, but am not sure. Is it worth it to put the pre-release Froyo on my phone? I have put an app on my phone to backup my apps, but is there a way to backup my settings and savedata? Thanks for the help.

Alan

Advertisement

2. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert

My suggestion is try downloading the K9 email app, then decide if exchange is still an issue.

The stock email app is a POS.

Our IT manager stopped using email on his Mez until I suggested K9 to him. It works beautifully for us now. The only caveat I have for you is we run straight POP3, no exchange.

PS I've been running the leaked 2.2 froyo for about 2 weeks now, I don't see any issues with it. Lots of "little" improvements.