• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories New: Jawcase phone case

BFS1983

Jan 18, 2011
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/285240199/jawcase-a-phone-case-camera-stand-car-mount-and-mo

Here's an interesting case, too lazy to upload photos right now so check out the link.

Ok, abit more active now ...posting pictures
photo7.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo9.jpg

...BTW its got room for the extended battery

I've been watching a thread on another Forum about this case. Looks nice, but the designer is just taking orders right now and trying to build critical mass to go into actual production. No guarantee yet that it will ever come to market.

There's no guarentee BUT there is also no money to pay unless it does go into production, the kickstarter site FAQ says its "all or nothing" and nobody will be charged anything until two things happen, they reach their goal & the time runs out.

What I like about this case is the extended battery thing and the fact that it opens easy. They should play that up a lot more then they do.

I think its a good idea to have some sort of camera stand for the panorama feature, I wouldn't be using it every day but there are times when I want to take a video of something. Too bad the DX doesn't have image stabilization, I guess that's why they put that feature into their case. Makes sense to me.

Upvote 0
The person creating these started a thread here MONTHS ago. It took forever to hear updates and the entire process was extremely slow. A decent concept and I personally was provided a link to the personal site before it went live as well as video as I was really interested in learning more. A lot of hype but I wasn't really impressed with what I saw. And they're still not available even though the original push was by Christmas.

Good luck I say...

Upvote 0
The person creating these started a thread here MONTHS ago. It took forever to hear updates and the entire process was extremely slow. A decent concept and I personally was provided a link to the personal site before it went live as well as video as I was really interested in learning more. A lot of hype but I wasn't really impressed with what I saw. And they're still not available even though the original push was by Christmas.

Good luck I say...

yeah that was shady, I wouldn't buy from them

Upvote 0
And truthfully I hate to say a bad thing because I still like the concept....but she was very quick to become defensive about criticism this forum gave her and not only did she completely disappear but also had her whole thread removed.

I'm sorry, but to me that's the whole "Fine, I'll take my ball and go HOME" attitude. You wanna be a success in this world? Be ready for criticism as well as praise. In my eyes, nothing solid was offered. I still see nothing solid being offered. Hell, I'm already thinking about what phone I'm getting next, not what case I need for my DX that came out last July....

Just sayin....

Upvote 0
And truthfully I hate to say a bad thing because I still like the concept....but she was very quick to become defensive about criticism this forum gave her and not only did she completely disappear but also had her whole thread removed.

I'm sorry, but to me that's the whole "Fine, I'll take my ball and go HOME" attitude. You wanna be a success in this world? Be ready for criticism as well as praise. In my eyes, nothing solid was offered. I still see nothing solid being offered. Hell, I'm already thinking about what phone I'm getting next, not what case I need for my DX that came out last July....

Just sayin....

Well I understand the defensiveness, they were criticizing that she took too long. She's not an engineer, she thought up the idea and had design engineers create the case, apparently a few of them didn't work out so it took her way too long to get it out. She had no control of how long it took after she came up with the concept.

She didn't get banned because it was "shady" she got banned because this forum doesn't allow anyone to post links on their own products or develop them on here. The last post I remember before the thread got deleted was something about admins and she requesting that the thread be taken down.

Hmm....seems interesting, I just wonder about how well it stays on the phone. Also, she is very attractive

She is very attractive, wonder if she's got a boyfriend!

Upvote 0
And where are the magnets to activate the car dock and the desktop dock?

This is a valid observation I hadn't thought about. She promotes using the case as a dock. It doesn't look real stable to me but even if it is, there's no way to place the magnets to activate the dock homescreens automatically. Still can be done of course, but manually. I do give her credit though for trying to build a better mousetrap. Still got quite a ways to go to reach her goal...

Upvote 0
Well I understand the defensiveness, they were criticizing that she took too long. She's not an engineer, she thought up the idea and had design engineers create the case, apparently a few of them didn't work out so it took her way too long to get it out. She had no control of how long it took after she came up with the concept.

She didn't get banned because it was "shady" she got banned because this forum doesn't allow anyone to post links on their own products or develop them on here. The last post I remember before the thread got deleted was something about admins and she requesting that the thread be taken down.

I understand and I commend her on this product. It's a great concept but I still feel needs a lot of tweaking....but that's usually typical of ANY sort of concept. It needs further development. I believe the criticism is that the phone will be out for nearly a year before the case is being offered. I think forum members here were trying to HELP her realize that she may want to start looking at one of the newer phones coming out soon to have a better impact on the selling market. That's all.

Upvote 0
This is a valid observation I hadn't thought about. She promotes using the case as a dock. It doesn't look real stable to me but even if it is, there's no way to place the magnets to activate the dock homescreens automatically. Still can be done of course, but manually. I do give her credit though for trying to build a better mousetrap. Still got quite a ways to go to reach her goal...

Where does she say its a dock, I read "stand" "Jawcase is a phone case designed for the Motorola Droid X that also converts into a universal stand and car mount."

Its like the Ezestand, or a Coaster Stand.

I agree that there's no way you can get a magnet in there but its a lot easier to carry around and cheaper then any of those too, so its got some pros and cons.

She's already coming out with an iPhone 4 Version that's compatible with both the ATT & Verizon apparently that looks gorgeous!
v5jpkp.jpg

Makes me wish I had an iPhone just for that case. She should have made that for the Droid X in my opinion. I'd like to see more of a carbon fiber pattern on the back too.

Upvote 0
Wow, i cant believe how badly you guys missed the point of this woman's phone case. Way to go education system.

For me the appeal is...
-Easy to open so it'll work with your docks
-Space for the Extended Battery, no worries about squeezing the phone to death or running it without a battery door.
-Its like bringing your stand with you all the time
-It'll prevent your car from being broken into because your not showing off any docks
-And best of all its only $20 bucks, if I bought a decent phone case like the body glove for $12 + shipping, an Ezestand $15 + shipping, and a car dock $34 (at best buy) I'd spend alot more then $20 bucks, its a steal, has everyone lost their minds!

I dont get why people think its not thought out very well, she's basically thought of everything. The design is dead easy to understand, its a 2 part phone case that has a hinge at the bottom, is that really blowing people's minds?

One of you stated that the phone doesn't look stable in stand mode (I assume), WTF? are you planning on having your phone keep in its stand through an earth quake? I'd be worried about something a bit more important then that. What options are available to us, the Amzer that has the charging port facing down, and the body glove which has to have that stupid belt clip just to work, no thank you!

What I dont care about...
I think she needs to demonstrate the features a bit better in the video, half of it is just "car mount", I want to see her actually use the case.

I dont really care too much about the picture stand thing, I dont take pictures of myself, its so vane!

I think the DX's camera and video taking skills is absolutely sh&t, I use a real camcorder for that.

I haven't ordered yet, but I probably will, its only $20 bucks, I spend more when I go out to eat!

I dont think having your ID's on your phone is that great of an idea.

Upvote 0
Where does she say its a dock, I read "stand" "Jawcase is a phone case designed for the Motorola Droid X that also converts into a universal stand and car mount."

OK, semantics...sorry if I use stand, dock and mount interchangeably. The video has a bunch of shots with the phone taking videos or in GPS mode with the car mount open, wedged between the windshield and the dashboard and the phone resting on the "jaws". And no DXAU, to me that doesn't look very stable if you're driving around in a sports car taking corners at a fair amount of speed or if you hit a bump or a pothole. She also shows the case holding the phone on a nightstand when it is in the clock mode. So, although it's not stated to be a dock per se, it's being demonstrated in that manner.

For the car I use an Arkon Universal mega grip and at home I use an EzeStand, both of which I bought online for less than $20 apiece. The EzeStand does have a magnet inside to activate the clock mode. I super glued a small magnet on the Arkon mega grip and it automatically activates the car dock app. The Arkon holds the phone very securely in the car and can be mounted in a variety of ways (windshield, AC vent, dashboard, bean bag, bicycle).

I'm a case collector and I'm watching her website to see how many orders she gets and may purchase one myself. No case is perfect but for my needs, the Incipio Silicrylic is my case of choice. And it can be used with both the Arkon mega grip and the EzeStand without having to remove the case.

Upvote 0
Wow, i cant believe how badly you guys missed the point of this woman's phone case. Way to go education system.

For me the appeal is...
-Easy to open so it'll work with your docks
-Space for the Extended Battery, no worries about squeezing the phone to death or running it without a battery door.
-Its like bringing your stand with you all the time
-It'll prevent your car from being broken into because your not showing off any docks
-And best of all its only $20 bucks, if I bought a decent phone case like the body glove for $12 + shipping, an Ezestand $15 + shipping, and a car dock $34 (at best buy) I'd spend alot more then $20 bucks, its a steal, has everyone lost their minds!

I dont get why people think its not thought out very well, she's basically thought of everything. The design is dead easy to understand, its a 2 part phone case that has a hinge at the bottom, is that really blowing people's minds?

One of you stated that the phone doesn't look stable in stand mode (I assume), WTF? are you planning on having your phone keep in its stand through an earth quake? I'd be worried about something a bit more important then that. What options are available to us, the Amzer that has the charging port facing down, and the body glove which has to have that stupid belt clip just to work, no thank you!

What I dont care about...
I think she needs to demonstrate the features a bit better in the video, half of it is just "car mount", I want to see her actually use the case.

I dont really care too much about the picture stand thing, I dont take pictures of myself, its so vane!

I think the DX's camera and video taking skills is absolutely sh&t, I use a real camcorder for that.

I haven't ordered yet, but I probably will, its only $20 bucks, I spend more when I go out to eat!

I dont think having your ID's on your phone is that great of an idea.

WOW....that time of the month, huh??

Upvote 0
There's no guarentee BUT there is also no money to pay unless it does go into production, the kickstarter site FAQ says its "all or nothing" and nobody will be charged anything until two things happen, they reach their goal & the time runs out.

What I like about this case is the extended battery thing and the fact that it opens easy. They should play that up a lot more then they do.

I think its a good idea to have some sort of camera stand for the panorama feature, I wouldn't be using it every day but there are times when I want to take a video of something. Too bad the DX doesn't have image stabilization, I guess that's why they put that feature into their case. Makes sense to me.
I really need to get into the phone case business. Ill start a thread on every android forum boasting its features, post pics of it months later that give a rough idea of how it works, realize I dont have the seed money to get it into production so i'll ask people to donate through some 3rd party site, tell everybody its no risk and i'll give the money back if there isnt enough interest, post a pic of myself on my website so all the hopeless saps will think they have a chance with me...all this for a $20 case that will probably never see the light of day and for a phone approaching its end of life cycle. Profit?

Upvote 0
I really need to get into the phone case business. Ill start a thread on every android forum boasting its features, post pics of it months later that give a rough idea of how it works, realize I dont have the seed money to get it into production so i'll ask people to donate through some 3rd party site, tell everybody its no risk and i'll give the money back if there isnt enough interest, post a pic of myself on my website so all the hopeless saps will think they have a chance with me...all this for a $20 case that will probably never see the light of day and for a phone approaching its end of life cycle. Profit?

nail = hit on the head

Upvote 0

"

1. ????
    7 days ago

2. ????
    Do you have a boyfriend?"

We can all guess who this is ^^^^

Upvote 0
"

1. ????
    7 days ago

2. ????
    Do you have a boyfriend?"
We can all guess who this is ^^^^

I think somebody fell in love, got jealous and started bashing on the poor girl.

Picking up chicks on the internet.... Lame!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones