1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

New Kernel Dev! [KERNEL] [SENSE] 12-25 - AnthraX - BEATS - USB HOST MODE - QUALCOMM 'B' VER

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rxpert83, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

takirb, andygu3, NaterTots and 4 others like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Note the install directions:

HOW TO INSTALL THIS KERNEL

1) boot into recovery
    2) back up your system (just in case)
    3) wipe delvik and cache
    4) flash the kernel
    5) re-wipe delvik and cahce (dont ask why, but the posts here on XDA prove it fixed a lot of issues people where having)
    6) reboot the phone
    7) let it sit for 10 minutes
    8) reboot the phone again (normal reboot)
    9) enjoy

I have installed this and first impressions are good. Booted up just fine with Classic EVO. I flashed it with a new ROM so I have to get everything set up and going. Expect more on performance/stability later

3. I flashed this kernal following the insructions abive early this morning with newts beta2 Rom and its very snappy and runs a little smoother than the freedom aggressive kernal I was using. Too early to really tell, but I think I am getting a little bit better battery life as well. So far so good! :)

4. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

Man, I was just running Mik 3.0 like two days ago and then this drops. Anybody using this kernel use Battery Monitor Widget? I would be interested to hear sleep readings. On wifi, I can get -18 or so ma on stock, which is as good or better than I can get with either Freedom or Chop Suey.

Granite1 likes this.
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I dont use BMW, but I can install it and see how it looks after I give this a efw days to settle. First impressions------IMPRESSED!

Music sounds better, wifi, camera, ect all work as they should.

Able to OC/UC. Has all the normal scaling options

argedion and Granite1 like this.
  6. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

I read over at the mikmik, someone was going to drop a new kernel soon. I wonder if this is the same dev?
    I'll log into the mikmik and see who who was mentioned.
    Thanks for the link, we'll get it added to the kernel sticky. :)

ocnbrze, dustwun77 and Rxpert83 like this.
  7. MizzouBrent

Flashed and my initial impression is that my phone doesn't care for it. Very choppy compared to other kernels but I need to give it some more time

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. MizzouBrent

actually I take that back. I set the governor to interactivex and the CPU was stuck on 245 MHz. Seems to be OK on other governors but interactivex seems to stick on one speed setting for me.

9. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

ohhhhhh nice. gonna try this on my evo. i think that the dev has a 3vo version as well i might try on my other phone.

10. MizzouBrent

Yeah from what I skimmed over on XDA, there is a 3vo version as well. InteractiveX seems to be working ok for me now, so I guess you can disregard what I wrote about it earlier. This thing definitely flies. I'm running it on MikG 3.0, and I swear, as fast as AOSP is supposed to be, MikG seems faster. I set up app drawer animations with GoLauncher, and they are liquid smooth on MikG and can be a little jumpy at times on AOSP.

takirb, dustwun77, andygu3 and 4 others like this.
  11. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I'm at roughly 7 hours and 60%. Not great...... but it hasnt settled yet so who cares what its at. Plus I've been at the bar getting crappy signal

I highly suggest everyone read through the entire thread since its still relatively new. This dev knows what hes talking about and has made some quality kernel right here

12. I agree. This kernal seems pretty good on my phone. Like I said, Im running newts beta2 sense 3.5 and I got 13 hours out of it. Thats good to me because my phone is set up to sync everything like crazy, all animations, data always on with some roaming, plus I was browsing on it alot too. I would say easily moderate to heavy use on a sense 3.5 and getting 13 hours is pretty respectable. The 3.5 roms are pretty much battery killers right now, but I like them. :)

Granite1 likes this.
  13. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Follow up from yesterday:
    This is the same dev that was posted over at the mikmik. Chogardjr dropped this for him over there, where I first read about it. Also this guy is highly respected. It was quoted over there that this dev makes netarchy look like a noob!
    I wouldn't go that far, I loved nets froyo kernels.
    Downloading today, gonna give it a go.
    Also, Ocn, I'm going to flash the twrp 2.0 as well. It's time! :D

ocnbrze likes this.
  14. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Ilike the interface face but a nandroid restore didn't work for me, going from ICS back to energy. Flash of ICS was flawless but not a good nandroid restore:(

This kernel runs great on MikG 3.0 and MikRunny:D

Granite1 and dustwun77 like this.
  15. fifidaddy

fifidaddy Member

Tried flashing this, followed the directions and after reboot did not have a lock ring.... Any suggestions? I had to nand to get everything working again any thoughts?

16. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

What ROM are you on?

What recovery?

17. fifidaddy

fifidaddy Member

Running mikg 3.0 and using ra not sure on the build though earlier version 2.3 maybe

18. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Hmm you shouldnt have any trouble with MikG.

Have you tried installing it more than once? Coulda been a bad install

Tried re-downloading it? Could have been a bad download

fifidaddy likes this.
  19. fifidaddy

fifidaddy Member

I will try another download and install again.... Will report the outcome

20. psousa781

psousa781 Well-Known Member

I just set up mikG 3.0 with this kernel and it is incredible. However I just saw tommytomatoe uploaded the v0.0.5 Finale. And I was on deck's ICS alpha this morning. Too many updates!

dustwun77 likes this.
  21. fifidaddy

fifidaddy Member

Must have been a bad download... Working good now. Thx.

Rxpert83 likes this.
  22. MizzouBrent

FWIW, I would recommend ondemand with this. Smartass seems to spike to the CPU Max randomly when it's not needed. Interactivex seems better but I still see it there too. Ondemand seems to work fine.

23. MizzouBrent

24. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Beats doesnt work on any of the 3.5 ROMS.

The kernel and ROM have to both support it. This kernel is the first to support it and now someone has to make a ROM that supports it. All of the 3.5 ROMS with beats didnt work because the EVO wasnt a supported device. The kernel has gotten around that problem, now the ROM devs need to catch up.

25. smitty543

smitty543 Android Enthusiast

Downloaded yesterday. Seems that screen changes yesterday were slow and choppy. The battery loss was fairly swift with minimal phone use. Will give a few more days. (I installed wiping cache & dalvik multiple times as suggested.)

ROM MikG 2.61

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews