• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Kies update today - won't connect

shaunydub

Aug 23, 2009
Bournemouth, England
I have had Kies working fine since I got my SG2, today wanted to backup my phone and got told there was a Kies update so downloaded and installed.
Plugged phone in, installed all drivers just fine.
Open up Kies and it detects phone but just keeps saying connecting and doesn't seem to do anything.

Anyone else download the update today and have problems since?
Have latest firmware on my phone, usb debugging mode is unticked,windows 7.
Nothing has changed apart from Kies update, really annoying.

Did you restart Kies after installing it? I had the same problem as you and this fixed the problem. Or did I restart the PC? Cant remember, but one or the other should fix it.

Yeah restarted Kies and when it didn't work rebooted PC.
Currently reinstalling drivers to check this - although they installed ok after Kies update.

Upvote 0
Its working fine for me after the update, although for some reason I was not able to restore the data back to the phone, but thats not an issue,since no data was wiped off, due to the update.

Now to good part.....Wifi sharing battery hog, issue has been resolved. Now if you use wifi, wifi sharing does not automatically start up. I checked it personally.....am really happy :).....I am sure that now I will really get a good battery life.......

Upvote 0
I have had Kies working perfectly until I did the update and now I no longer can connect! Thanks Samsung, see you put a lot of effprt in fixing that!

Simlar here except I keep having issues with Kies, so thanks Samsung for screwing it up again. I have just installed the new version on my works laptop on Windows 7. At home I have XP and no update so will hook up to that and try and download the firmware update from there. Although updating firmware from home has been nothing but trouble in the past which is why I used the works laptop that now does not work either.

KIES = Pile of junk

Upvote 0
Same here - although one difference - Kies has never allowed me to connect, despite reboots/uninstalls/reinstalls/driver updates - what a pile of you-know-what. Cant even connect through bluetooth, as Kies does not allow Android phones to do that - oh, and for good measure trying Kies Air connection just times out and wont connect either GGGRRrrrr....

Upvote 0
I downloaded Kies about a month ago, just uploaded the exe file here, im assuming its the old version you require.
2shared - download Kies_2.0.0.11044_11_3.exe

Thanks for that. Have unistaled and then reinstalled the old version and guess what?

Yup it still won't connect. Thanks for the old version but Kies has screwed my system/connection/whatever. Well done Samsung you imbeciles

Simlar here except I keep having issues with Kies, so thanks Samsung for screwing it up again. I have just installed the new version on my works laptop on Windows 7. At home I have XP and no update so will hook up to that and try and download the firmware update from there. Although updating firmware from home has been nothing but trouble in the past which is why I used the works laptop that now does not work either.

KIES = Pile of junk

I un-installed the new version and ALSO the driver file. Rebooted and installed the old version with it's drivers and it works again just like it did without flaw!

Is there some other software to replace Kies? It is ridiculous how many phones Samsung sells and they can put some more R&D into it Desktop software? They need to get with it!

Upvote 0
I un-installed the new version and ALSO the driver file. Rebooted and installed the old version with it's drivers and it works again just like it did without flaw!

Is there some other software to replace Kies? It is ridiculous how many phones Samsung sells and they can put some more R&D into it Desktop software? They need to get with it!

Maybe a daft questin but where is the driver file as I am a computer novice. Having said that I have got home and loaded up the old version of Kies on my windows XP desktop and have now got the firmware update done and sorted

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones