• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NEW Latest 2.1 Leak and Get More HTC Widgets

One thing I did do differently last night- I did *228 options 1&2. It helped my call lag issues and the HTC thing worked...

Audidan, lol at yesterday's challenge. I would have failed as well... I hate the scrolling thing of the app and that the colors are not customizable. Also it seems like a battery hog :/

Yeah lukasty I put the daily challenge on my phone and the first thing that came to mind was oh this is going to be a battery hog! I am going to leave it on so when my Iphone bud shows up I can show him the latest feature. This of course will lead to him say " oh I have that app too" LOL. Just like yesterday when I told him about an app thenestor told me about, OI shopping list. Well he immediately pulled up his shopping app and scanned grocery items. Its all in fun though.

Upvote 0
Funny thing is, if I visit "get more HTC widgets" while I'm connected to the computer and running ddms.bat (the Android SDK tool used for debugging and screen captures), in the debugging log window I can see all of them listed, including the "coming soon" ones (which I never saw on my screen). It looks like it's giving me some kind of error about not finding an HTC certificate on my SD card (wha?), so it sets all the widgets to invisible.

Upvote 0
For those who are still seeing, "Unable to download widgets. Tap to try again.":

1. Settings>Applications>Manage applications
2. Find "HTC Widget Download Manager" which is pretty far down in the list.
2. Clear cache. Clear data.
3. Try again.

Mine was working yesterday morning, and then at some point it stopped working. It wasn't working again until a few minutes ago when I went through these steps. Hope this helps!

PS - I still can't see the "coming soon" widgets, like "Call Mom."

Upvote 0

Attachments

• Daily Challenge_1.00.apk
    172.8 KB · Views: 86
  • Ringtone Widget_1.00.apk
    48.5 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 0
For those who are still seeing, "Unable to download widgets. Tap to try again.":

3. Try again.

Mine was working yesterday morning, and then at some point it stopped working. It wasn't working again until a few minutes ago when I went through these steps. Hope this helps!

That worked for me, only the "Clear Data" one was able to be clicked though. Good suggestion!!

Upvote 0

3. Try again.

Well whadya know?..that worked! Thx for the tip!

Upvote 0
Crud, wish I could get it to work. Tried the tips, thanks thenestor.

**Edit: Cleared data/cache for HTC Checkin Service. Cleared data/cache for HTC Widget Download Manager. Performed a soft-reset (turned phone off/on). Performed a checkin (*#*#checkin#*#*). Checked "Get more HTC widgets" and what do you know...Popped up! Give it a try for those you who haven't gotten it yet. I think the main thing was the soft-reset after the cache/data clear...

Upvote 0

3. Try again.

NICE! this worked for me as well!!! :D I was thinking it was because I was on the Cricket network, but its working now!

Upvote 0
Wow, way to be a douche...

People like this make me wish we had some sort of a a "downvote" or "Douche" option, in addition to the "Thanks" button.

hey DDustinN<<** sorry but you sir are the douchee!! haha im kidding, I do apologize for being rude, forgive me I was having a bad moment and took it out on you and for that I am sorry..
it was uncalled for and unecessary and I had to remember when I was at a time were i didnnt understand anything about what these forums were saying or in other words, "a noob"...
as you grow withg your eris you will find that what we say in the forums start to make sense and you will figure out everything you dreamed of knowing about your phone, so best of luck to you

Upvote 0
It would appear that when I navigate to the "Get more HTC widgets", then hit "Menu", then "Update" I get a variety of results. Sometimes more widgets (Dice, Call Mom, etc), sometimes less (just the original six). Very random.

I rebooted, reset sense, and pulled battery and also selected auto update and im still not getting anything, am i missing something>??? I would try a hard reset but ive got my phone were i want it and dont wanna have to reconfigure EVERYTHING again!!

Upvote 0

3. Try again.

Holy cow!!! it is there!! all the widgets work after clearing data !! awesome thank you for that advice my friend!!!

Upvote 0

3. Try again.

Finally! I feel complete now! LOL

Upvote 0
Not sure if this has been reported elsewhere, but Get more HTC widgets is now working for me. It didn't work when I first loaded the new 2.1 leak yesterday, but I checked again this morning it now works. There are only 6 widgets to download.

Battery
Daily Challenge
Notes
Ringtone
Tip Calculator

This also seems to work for me now after the new 2.1 leak. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones