• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New LCARS boot animation

Yes and it plays when i click the audio file it just will not play when it boots up

I'm stuck,I don't know what else to suggest.
Just curious,which version of CM7 are you running?
Most here are running either 09122011 or 09132011 from PLAYFUL GOD or 07282011 from BOB ZHOME.

Perhaps someone here w/access to a computer could upload a version of CM7 w/the LCARS BOOT ANIMATION & the accompanying sound already loaded into the ROM for you to download.

If you hang around for a bit,someone will probably see this & offer their assistance.

Upvote 0
Ok that might be my problem all I have is:

Model number: Huawei U8652
Android Version 2.3.4
Baseband version: 60501015
Kernel version 2.6.35.-perf android@localhost #1
Build number: U8652V100R001USAC078840

Is this a stock ROM,or,is it a CYANOGENMOD ROM?
From the looks of the build number,it appears to be a stock ROM,directly loaded from your carrier &/or HUAWEI.
I'm not sure if the LCARS BOOT ANIMATION & SOUND will work on a stock ROM.

You might want to contact the original poster of this thread for further assistance on loading this animation on your phone,unless someone out there has any suggestions.

Upvote 0
You think if I install CYANOGENMOD it will work?

We just recently had someone in the forum attempt to install a CM7 ROM that is meant for the ASCEND on a different model phone & ran into a lot of problems,basically bricking their phone.

I would make a back-up of your current ROM or download a copy of it & place it on your SD Card & also put a copy of it on your computer before even thinking about proceeding any further.

Next,I'd check out YOU-TUBE for a tutorial for rooting & installing a custom ROM on your phone. If you don't have any luck there,check out http://www.xda-developers.com for assistance w/your particular model of phone.

As I've said before,if anyone has suggestions to help out,please chime in.

I wish we could be of more help to you,but,since your phone isn't the same model as everyone elses here,we don't want you to end up w/a bricked phone.
The ASCEND is virtually brick-proof,as it can be restored to stock,or,any ROM suited for it,so we have nothing to worry about.

However,I'm not sure that's the case w/yours,so,it's best to play it safe,unless you're willing to take a chance,&responsibility,for your phone in the chance that things go bad & you end up w/a brick.

Upvote 0
ok i am having a issue on this. i put the bootanimation.zip file in /system/media like it says but it does not change the boot. i have a Samsung Admire/Vitality can someone help

Check out the forum SAMSUNG ADMIRE,go to the ALL THINGS ROOT section & check out the thread titled "Just a quick boot question".

If that isn't the correct location that's given in the thread,just PM the posters in that thread for assistance.One of them is a former Guide & I'm sure he'd be more than willing to assist you w/installing the LCARS BOOT ANIMATION,or any animation,for that matter.

Upvote 0
Is there a way to get this to work and an Indulge r910 metro. Phone is rooted and has Basix and Electric Sheep. Great job on the bootanim.

I'd contact the developer of the ROM that you currently have installed on your phone & get some feedback.
Perhaps the developer could incorporate the animation into the ROM,provided that credit/permission be sought from the animation creator.

Reactions: Kender42
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones