• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New leaked htc hero update

after the market troubles last night the phone is super smooth. so it must have been the market dogging the CPU. I had bad audio cutouts on the previous leak, has anyone noticed that problem on this update? I noticed the missing apps too, but I backed everything up with astro so I can at least reinstall them.

so far the update is tip-top. does anyone else find the new Sprint animation hideous, especially how it sits on NOW for so long... oh well

Upvote 0
Not sure if this is truly the miracle of miracles, but it SEEMS like the voice dialer works a lot better.

Got one weird behavior though - used the call log to create a contact, but it didn't show up in my contacts. Will try more as I have more calls. Also, not sure if it mattered, but did it via the call log and it was an outbound call.

Upvote 0
Howdy All -- been reading everything I can find on Fresh's 2.1.1 ROM.

Download: Fresh Rom 2.1.1 | Fixed accelerometer Geek For Me – Android CDMA Sprint Hero

Given all this, and since it is based on the leaked RUU, did Flipz fix this release to be truly rooted? So much info flying around, I cannot find a definitive commentary about what it will interface with. Works with RA-1.6.2 ?? Or do we wait for the "cleaned up" version he talks about in the above info?

I am set up rooted with Fresh 2.0d and working fine. I would only want to flash in an upside replacement that will be compatible with all that 2.0d is -- I want to keep my root access at all costs and maintain full recovery capability.

What say gents? Thanks --- ;)

Upvote 0
A couple people flashed it right over 2.0d... No wipe. I would wipe and try, if you want though... It is rooted, he messed with it, put his stamp. I think he put it out so everyone would find the bugs....

Hey, thanks 330D --- OK will give it a try later on. Looks like it is a good idea to boot into the RA, wipe data and dalvik, then flash the 2.1.1 zip.

After learning the hard way, I will make a Nandroid backup of my 2.0d setup first :D ----- easy return that way.

Thanks!!! ;)

Upvote 0
Probably a newbie question, but what happens to all the apps, and their associated settings, if I install this on a non-rooted phone?

Everyone says back your stuff up, but my contacts are via GMail so they should be good. How do I back up my apps?

Thanks!

I used mybackup from the market and it worked out well.

Warning tho, a lot of apps aren't showing up in my downloads or in the market with this install, not sure how or if you can fix this.

Upvote 0
Update - this has given me an ENORMOUS difference in battery life and wake time (obviously related). It's been unplugged for 20 hours from an almost full charge, and I am at about 55% left with only 2 hours of wake time out of 20. Now, can't be 100% sure that it's the update, but it sure seems like it, and this is a hugely welcome development, since the battery life has been one of the biggest problems for the Hero for me. Haven't been talking since it's the weekend, but I have to think they've really done something to reduce the energy load on 2.1. Well done.

Upvote 0
I am really frustrated. I have the latest HTC Sync and when i run the file that i downloaded from 4shared.com...IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH 2.1 its just the application of 4shared, what do i do??? please help! Windows XP user

Sounds like you downloaded a download manager or somesuch, the first post of this thread has the link I used, slow (200k per second) but it got the job done.

Upvote 0
Can anyone help with the install? How do i do it, do i wipe from the recovery menu? Then how do i install the new update, just run the .exe? Im a bit confused.
Im running fresh 2.0d, rooted.

The RUU is an .EXE file ....no need to flash...but if you do run that one...You will lose your root access.....READ THE 1ST POST...

the .zip file is flash-able...flash it like any other ROM...

Upvote 0
if we install this can we still install the offical one when it comes out?

I hate the dodgers by the way...lol

if you install this.....no you won't be able to get the new update...I could be wrong tho..

but if you are not rooted...you can always run the 1.5 RUU and once you do that...you'll be able to get the official update when it comes out...

Upvote 0

if you install this.....no you won't be able to get the new update...I could be wrong tho..

but if you are not rooted...you can always run the 1.5 RUU and once you do that...you'll be able to get the official update when it comes out...

I'm not so sure you can just run the 1.5 RUU. I attempted to do that after i successfully rooted the last 2.1 RUU leak and I just get the error that my hbot is newer than 1.5. there's some other hoops you gotta jump through before you can revert back to an older version of android.

on another note..thanks for the link and for keeping your original post up to date.

people need to read original posts in threads...and the content in other threads if they don't "get it" and/or live with what they've got till the official official version is released with instructions from HTC/Sprint.

here's some help with video for those who are still confused after doing some more hw...
Latest HTC Hero 2.1 ROM leak [with how-to video] | DroidDog Android Blog

Upvote 0

wrong!!! if you install and run the RUU you wont be able to go back to 1.5 , but you WILL be able to install the final Release.

if you install the ROM over 1.5, you would be able to go back!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones