• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
For the most part it's true that Lenovo is the best brand in China.
A few facts: I lived in China for more than six years, and my Chinese girlfriend had a Lenovo laptop back in 2002 and told me at the time it was the best Chinese brand. As far as I know she didn't have any problems with it. Now, with that said, I'd like to stress the point that as far as I'm concerned, Mainland China and Taiwan are two different 'worlds'. My suggestion (right now) is to buy a Taiwanese made and branded product.
I suggest you NOT buy a device like this from ANY mainland Chinese company....regardless of their current reputation. Why?....well, let's just say that I TRUST the Taiwanese.
I plan to put my money where my mouth is and I will be buying the Asus Prime, regardless of the specs and claims of ANY mainland Chinese company about ANY of their products. You see, I like dealing with people I can trust, especially when it comes to high-tech products and company customer support.
Note: this is a posting about products produced in two different COUNTRIES, both populated by Chinese people. It has nothing to do with race. It has to do only with who I would prefer to do business with when buying an electronic device like the one in question.

Upvote 0
honestly im not sure i beleave a thing about the specs stated for the leveno...

2gb ddr3 ram, full hd screen.

like heck it will have those and cost about the same as the prime

call me pessemistic but im going to wait for an official announcement from leveno before I take it seriously.

betting it will actually have a hd screen (not full hd) and either 2gb of ddr2/1gb of ddr3. ddr2 option looking more likely to me tbh.

Im probably gonna get the prime on launch

Upvote 0
I'm not torn. The Lenovo is thicker, heavier, and has no keyboard attachment like the Prime. Sure 2gb of RAM is nice, but the keyboard dock is worth the tradeoff for me.

But the keyboard will make the Prime thicker ;)

You appear to get the same connective function of the Prime, but without the need for a keyboard. Lenovo with 2gb fast ram can not be too cheap though. Price?

Seems the Prime may be the better of the two, with the display being the big differentiator. IPS on Lenovo?

Upvote 0
But the keyboard will make the Prime thicker ;)

You appear to get the same connective function of the Prime, but without the need for a keyboard. Lenovo with 2gb fast ram can not be too cheap though. Price?

Seems the Prime may be the better of the two, with the display being the big differentiator. IPS on Lenovo?

But it's a physical keyboard, and you have the option of detaching it when you want to.

It's what sets the Prime apart from all the other tablets IMO. In terms of hardware, they're mostly the same, and many tablets will have quad core CPU by early next year.

In terms of design, the Prime is one of the nicest looking tablets out there, and the keyboard dock allows it to be much more productive (writing long emails, typing down notes, etc), not to mention giving it a battery boost.

Upvote 0
i am just preparing to purchase my first tablet (my wife and kids have iPad2's, and i gots nuthin'!!), and was struck by the teaser for the Lenovo. however, given all the reviews of the Asus TP, i'm not so sure that waiting on the Lenovo would be the wisest move....

plus, i don't really know much about Lenovo's reputation. i've read LateNiteMike's take, but would be interested to hear of anyone else's experience with Lenovo products?? and, with rumors of the Asus' supply being limited at launch, i'm concerned with Asus availability (and reliability, given that this doesn't appear to be Asus' first stumble).

Upvote 0
Asus TF Prime is the way to go b/c it is a tablet that has been vetted. Anybody considering anything else, at this point, is just one of those ppl ALWAYS looking for the next possible best thing. I rarely put my eggs in 1 basket or my foot in my mouth, but based on Asus' reputation, I seriously think that the Prime will blow our minds and be the "IT" tablet for awhile. Asus has done away with the goofey "elongated" design of the first tab, and they seem to be putting some "pretty thought-out" equipment in this tab.

Upvote 0
maybe i'm just rationalizing because i want a tablet SOON, but i think i'm sold on this thing and won't wait for the Lenovo. i briefly considered the XOOM2 (just like the HTC Re*gag*, i refuse to call it by it's marketing name), but it just seems to me that the XOOM2 is already outdated (or am i missing something??)...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones