• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New LG Connect User

flakito97

Android Expert
Sep 25, 2011
Hey guys just upgraded FINALLY from the Admire to the Connect. And well I already rooted. Just have a few questions.

1. How do I access CWM. I already installed it. Just wondering what the button sequence is...

2. There's a Data Cap remover mod . What exactly does it do? As in I don't have to get the 70 dollar plan in order to have unlimited 4g?

That's it for now as I am still.reading around.

P.s. also what's the best ROM out now??

For ? #2 its just a mod that takes the cap of the speed and makes it consistent.
Ex. You get 1mb down and sometimes you get 0.50mb. The mod will make the 1mb more consistent. Doesn't give you the unlimited plan.

As for the best ROM you can try and see which one works for you. :) they are all good roms.

Appreciate it . And man that sucks I got the 40 dollar plan with 2.5 GB ..

Upvote 0
I'm new as well I didnt want to start a new thread. I also have a question. How are people able to modify their notification bar I.e battery even, click placement, 4g signal icon etc. Its like a go launcher theme on steroids. Can anyone help or point me out to where I can inform myself? I've looked everywhere. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I'm new as well I didnt want to start a new thread. I also have a question. How are people able to modify their notification bar I.e battery even, click placement, 4g signal icon etc. Its like a go launcher theme on steroids. Can anyone help or point me out to where I can inform myself? I've looked everywhere. Thanks!

Three choices....
Premade themes
Rom toolbox
metamorph

Premade themes for brokenout and black plauge roms are the most commonly seen status bar mods but romtoolbox pro and metamorph can both be used to change icons easily.

There is also the option of modifying the framework to get a truly custom bar

Reactions: dafugee
Upvote 0
I like Black Plague as the best from for the LG Connect 4G , Or is that just me?
Black Plague looks ALOT like Broken Out ROM 1.0 but a better UI theme for me , and the boot animation looks pretty great!

-Mike from Verizon Wireless at Peabody , MA
"Verizon is the true #1 carrier of the USA covering 98% of Americans , Introducing the new SHAREverything plan , See online for more details , Only at Select Stores"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones