• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Live Wallpapers!! (Sort of...) :D

devicepic.png

This has made by the man himself Shizzy1427. I believe he was the 1st to achieve this and schooled everyone else. Check this thread out: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/63554-coheed-cambria-live-wallpaper.html

Here is the direct link for the Cowboys wallpaper. Cowboys-LiveWallpapers.apk

Upvote 0
) Download file and rename to LiveWallpapers.apk 2) Place in root of SD card. 3) Open Root Explorer and go to SD card, then long press file (LiveWallpapers.apk) and select copy. 4) Back up and go to the System folder, then Apps. 5) Hit the big button on top to mount as Mount as R/ W 6) Press paste, it will ask you to overwrite file, press yes 7) After this is done select the LiveWallpapers.apk and long press to bring up permissions. Change permissions to User- Read and Write, Group- Read, Others-Read then OK. Hit the big button on top to mount as R/O again! 8) Reboot and then long press the screen, bring up live wallpapers, then select Nexus, then enjoy!

Upvote 0
I was able to help my sister root and get a 2.1 rom on her hero and surprise surprise! Her market has more apps than mine! When we both type in live wallpapers, mine showed 170 while hers showed about 335!

So I looked through and downloaded some of the live wallpapers I have been searching high and low for. I simply backed them up using mybackup pro and astro and then transferred the apk's to my sd card and here they are.

I was unable to attach only one of them (Nexus boot up live wallpaper) unfortunately but I got the other ones I downloaded uploaded right here.

I figured that I wasn't the only one missing apps in my market so I just wanted to share some of the goodies I found today :D
Is there someway to see what these live wallpapers look like without having to install them?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones