• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Lounge Location - Love it / Hate It?

I'm glad I'm not a mod, it's like herding cats around here.:rolleyes:

Yes. However about 99.9999999% of the cats are real cool cats. The other .0000001% are cool dogs.

cool-cat-cool-dog.jpg

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
Our country is pretty dangerous :(

Top 10 Most Dangerous Places on Earth

We are no 8 :(

So I went through the list and should I be surprise that the USA is on the list!!! :eek:

For the average traveller, the USA is fairly safe, but the numbers do not lie. There are more than 200 million guns in the USA and more than 50 murders a day, 10 times the rate of Germany. Nearly 5000 people die a year in truck crashes, about 6000 pedestrains die on the streets and 31000 people end their own lives. The USA now leads all nations in violent crime and leads all nations with incarcerations now standing at 2.3 million. American citizens also make up the greatest number of criminals serving time in overseas prisons. Militias, hate groups and other right wing radicals all spread their message of violence and are known to throw around the odd pipe-bomb. The government is not much better, spending a whopping $600 billion a year on defense in order to contain the handful of nations hostile to it.

^--why do I feel this is somewhat biased o_O or I'm just ignorant and find this info staggering?

Upvote 0
Well damn. I find it staggering too.

It is staggering in its spin. Violent crimes in the U.S., along with some European countries, and Canada, Australia and New Zealand, have a characteristic that they do not have in Asian countries and those republics that used to form the U.S.S.R. (Georgia, Belaruse, Armenia, etc) not to mention the Middle Eastern countries and African nations don't have: accurate reportage.

The murder and other violent crime rate in South Africa, for example, is so high that it cannot be kept up with to any degree of accuracy.

In China the murder rate is just plain lied about by the government controlled news media.

Characterizing the U.S. as things like, "the most violent society on Earth" is absurd, on a present day basis and on a historical one. Even a quick skimming of what's going on around the world bears that out.

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
It is staggering in its spin. Violent crimes in the U.S., along with some European countries, and Canada, Australia and New Zealand, have a characteristic that they do not have in Asian countries and those republics that used to form the U.S.S.R. (Georgia, Belaruse, Armenia, etc) not to mention the Middle Eastern countries and African nations don't have: accurate reportage.

The murder and other violent crime rate in South Africa, for example, is so high that it cannot be kept up with to any degree of accuracy.

In China the murder rate is just plain lied about by the government controlled news media.

Characterizing the U.S. as things like, "the most violent society on Earth" is absurd, on a present day basis and on a historical one. Even a quick skimming of what's going on around the world bears that out.
I don't know, I just saw this documentary on the youth culture, and it looks pretty rough...
The warriors fight scene- vs the Punks - YouTube

Upvote 0
It just didn't hit the concrete like my poor phone

My heart goes out to you on phone hitting concrete. My kid is in her first year of college, and her brand new Arrive fell off her top bunk down to the hard tile floor, shattering the screen. Sprint.. (me no like Sprint, personal issue from long ago, different story :D), says it's a hundred dollars to replace the screen. The phone was $199.

Anyway, doesn't matter what phone you love. Love is love. ;)

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones