1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New mail in rebates for new customers

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by DirtyDee, Jul 29, 2013.

1. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2013
    Male
    Janitor/cook I know strange two jobs to have
    Detroit Michigan
    Unlimited Wireless Service - MetroPCS

You know I am tired of this for new activation only stuff but git to get new people some how and introduce them to the metro rebate. I was just hoping they would pay us (long term subscribers) to go gsm.

Advertisement

2. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    South Florida
    It's just the way things work they try to keep the SAC around $100. That has gone up ever since they started kinda subsidizing phones for example if you bought a motion the SAC for you may have been almost $200 since they were selling a $300 phone for the most $149. That's a lot for a no contract company who only has about a $40 ARPU
    I don't like it either but I understand it and I make up the $100 I missed out through my bill within 2 months.
    ARPU- Average Revenue Per User
    SAC- Subscriber Aqcuistion Cost

3. MikeFromHC

MikeFromHC Member
    None

Feb 7, 2013
    I sent in for a rebate in February, had a couple run ins with them but it was in the mail today.

One of the fundamental things taught in sales is that it is far cheaper to keep a customer, then to get a new one, but they don't seem to have learned this.
    For me, at least it would not take much. A free month of unlimited 4GL (and I rarely use my allotment) would be great and might induce others to go up a step.

There is a lot of money in this business. I worked for a store that used to buy phones at retail and sell them at a discount to get the residuals.