• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
STOP!!! DO NOT INSTALL THE GOOGLE MAPS UPDATE!!!

I just found out the hard way that the update breaks the clock widget. Updating Google Maps killed the clock widget - tap on the widget and no timers, no world clock... nothing. :mad:

Sooooo... you have to pick between a non-working clock widget and having contacts work in Navigation or having a working clock widget and not having access to contacts when using the DINC2 as a GPS.

This SUX!!! :mad:

Upvote 0
I am pleased to say that with Maps V5.9.0, I've got my contacts list back. As of writing this post, the Clock app is still working. However, there was, as posted earlier, a period where the Clock app was back to taking up 0.00KB and otherwise being non-existent. Why it came back into being escapes me. But I'm glad it's back.

The Labs section has added a tool that is very welcome: Bubble Buttons. It adds two buttons to the "bubble" marking a location found in a search. Search for "Voodoo Donuts" (there are three locations, in Portland and Eugene, OR) and on either side of the "Voodoo Doughnut" banner are a phone button on the left and a Navigation on the right. V. cool, v. useful!

BTW, the desktop version of Maps now has weather info included in the options. One wonders when the Android Maps will have it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones