1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

new market descriptions not english?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skimminstones, Jul 19, 2011.

1. skimminstones

skimminstones Android Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2009
    Im using lightening rom 2.2 at the moment and have asked a couple of times in the xda thread but having no luck in responses so ill try here.

The new android market that is on the rom keeps coming up with a lot of apps descriptions in a foreign language, sometimes its seems german, chinese or russian for example. Now to fix this i initially installed the market 2.3.6 apk and then everything was fine again. But now google are rolling out the updated market themselves my phone is updating to newest version by itself and the descriptions are back to foreign again.

for example if i search for es file explorer in the new market its in german. If i search on the old market on either my galaxy s 2 or my desire hd they are in english. So im guessing its something to do with this rom but i cant find any answers as to why. Ive asked 3 times in the xda thread now and sent a message to litepro via twitter but no one answers.

Can anyone help?

Advertisement

2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Android Expert

May 30, 2011
    Whatever he said.
    Cambridgeshire, England
    Yeah I'm having the same problem. Also on LR2.2. A solution to this would be nice.

3. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    It's not specific to this ROM. I'm seeing the same on my Desire Z after flashing the updated Virtuous ROMs that include the new Market.

4. skimminstones

Sep 20, 2009
    wonder if its a general google issue then or if its something to do with the custom roms. Its damn annoying though. Was looking on the market earlier and found an app that might do something i wanted but the descriptions looked like it was in polish so ive no idea if its right for me or not.

if it was a general google issue id have expected to see far more reports of it.

5. skimminstones

Sep 20, 2009
    Guess it was an Google issue as the descriptions are back to English today