• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New marketing slogan....

its probably a combination of both Samsung and carriers but honestly samsung is next to worst in manufacturer's that update OS on their devices with the absolute worst being Sony...

Until Samsung stops worrying about the Nexus S problems and gets a stable build of 2.2 off to the carriers so they can add their bloatware in you're stuck on 2.1.

I'd root it and flash a custom rom, but thats just me. :D

Upvote 0
there maybe some.. small part by the carriers..

but since only Tmobile just got it last week... then I would say.. it is over 75% that it is more Samsung.

now.. the other carriers must feel the pressure... since number 4 carrier was able to get it. but they do have the nexus S

Upvote 0
Samsung aren't great, but isn't this the carriers issue?

All 4 carriers have released froyo. Just. Not on samsung phones.

its probably a combination of both Samsung and carriers but honestly samsung is next to worst in manufacturer's that update OS on their devices with the absolute worst being Sony...
I would have to agree with ballistic. The problem lies with both Samsung and the US Carriers. All of the US carriers have updated a number of their phones to Froyo and Samsung has updated its worldwide (not US) Galaxy S phone to Froyo.

Seems like Samsung + US Carrier = no update

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones