• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new markets?

So this is old news hahaha thanks gman for the update and welcome. I just haven't heard that these place are doing the byod now. So Now that these place have byod that means places los angeles get the TMobile service and phones like l9 nokia and f3?

Upvote 0
So this is old news hahaha thanks gman for the update and welcome. I just haven't heard that these place are doing the byod now. So Now that these place have byod that means places los angeles get the TMobile service and phones like l9 nokia and f3?

They may have the GSM phones available but those are limited supply for now but you should have the ability to buy the SIMs

Upvote 0
They may have the GSM phones available but those are limited supply for now but you should have the ability to buy the SIMs

So the phones are limited but that means lets say i get a nokia or lg does that mean i am now in a TMobile service but still have good ol metro as a Carrier? Hm that doesn't seem bad to me but i still feel like i have things mixed up

Upvote 0
So the phones are limited but that means lets say i get a nokia or lg does that mean i am now in a TMobile service but still have good ol metro as a Carrier? Hm that doesn't seem bad to me but i still feel like i have things mixed up

If you find a phone online you can post a link over in the BYOD thread and I'll be happy to tell you how compatible it is with the service

It's metro using tmobiles towers

Upvote 0
I will post in gsm link u gave me if that's fine. Im speaking more in the line of purchasing one of the most recent phones and what kind of service i would get
First I'll second Gman's welcome:itsme:
And second, Any T-mobile phone will work, the only LTE enabled ones will be the newer ones.
Several Att ones can be used, with varying degrees of success depending on if your area has refarmed for hspa on 1900 to if the phone hardware supports 1700/2100 tmo frequencies.

Reactions: android user29
Upvote 0
First I'll second Gman's welcome:itsme:
And second, Any T-mobile phone will work, the only LTE enabled ones will be the newer ones.
Several Att ones can be used, with varying degrees of success depending on if your area has refarmed for hspa on 1900 to if the phone hardware supports 1700/2100 tmo frequencies.

Don't forget, two(as far as I know) ATT branded devices can actually pick up HSPA on Tmobile with some small tweaks

Upvote 0
The note 2, the note 1, the S3, and the S4 all have the hardware. Att locked out the freq in software but they (with varying degrees of sucess) can be gotten around.

The note(s) I know of for sure, iphone 5 too, s3(Really?), and S4(I thought it was only the google edition)

Also, the S4 active supposedly picks up HSPA on the tmobile side

Upvote 0
The note(s) I know of for sure, iphone 5 too, s3(Really?), and S4(I thought it was only the google edition)

Also, the S4 active supposedly picks up HSPA on the tmobile side
Yes I forgot about the iphone 5, dont like iphones :p
The S3 has the hardware, there are 2 modifications, one is ics modem the other is nv back up from tmobile lte enabled S3. however it does not stick on reboot.
The s4 is just like the note 2 the nv backup from tmo or google edition will unlock it.

Reactions: the hulk
Upvote 0
Yes I forgot about the iphone 5, dont like iphones :p
The S3 has the hardware, there are 2 modifications, one is ics modem the other is nv back up from tmobile lte enabled S3. however it does not stick on reboot.
The s4 is just like the note 2 the nv backup from tmo or google edition will unlock it.

bangin, I will get back another note 2 then probably, this xperia z is not impressing me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones