1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New member but not to the site

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by emmagee, Apr 3, 2011.

1. emmagee

emmagee Lurker
    None

Apr 3, 2011
    I have a beautiful B&B
    Pembroke, Wales
    Hi, I have looked for answers on the site many times, but finally decided to register so I can request help perhaps offer insight too.:D
    I have had a Hero for some years and loved it, then had a DesireZ as a gift months ago. Getting info from one to the other has driven me bananas.
    Surely when companies want us all to endlessly buy their new phones and upgrade, they should make it absolutely simple to transfer ALL information from phone to phone?
    The first thing a new phone should say on opening is, this is how to transfer all the information from your last one - especially when it is a new model from the same company.
    Off soapbox - I look forward to reading more tips about using my DesireZ - like how to answer a call .......... how could they make that difficult????
    Emmagee;)

Advertisement

2. Hyndon

Hyndon Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    The Sunshine State
    Welcome to the Android Forums! :)

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

Transfering information from one Android device to another is actually pretty easy. IF you use Gmail as your principal email on the phone, it will manage your email, calendar, and contacts. You can use third party archival apps to transfer text messages. And music and video files can be placed on a micro SD Card and moved from one device to the other.

4. DefendtheLight

None

Jul 12, 2016
    Male
    Martimus could you explain how to transfer my contacts and memo notes from one phone to another?